Fuel pump, turbo & wiring transfer FBW to pre-FBW

#1 by japstar , Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:15 pm

I bought a donor 2006 K74 Animal for parts, engine was run without oil, engine and turbo frozen.
I own a good working pre-FBW 1999 K74.

I want to transfer the parts of the fuel pump, turbo actuators, ... to my 1999 pre-FBW to achieve the power output of the 2006 animal.

Am i correct in asuming that I can move the fuel pump, intake manifold, turbo actuators and wiring to my 1999 pre-FBW to achieve the same engine setup as the 2006 animal?

Is the wiring for the fuel pump and turbo actuators seperate (in others words extractable) from the rest of the vehicle? If yes, I assume I can make a seperate wiring loom to mount those parts in my 1999 pre-FBW?

I dunno if anyone has done this before, so any help and tips are welcome

1999 K74 L200

japstar  
japstar
Date registered 06.19.2021

RE: Fuel pump, turbo & wiring transfer FBW to pre-FBW

#2 by Rob1307 , Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 am

The wiring will be you issue as the fbw one has an ecu under the dash and it’s a lot to splice and mess around with, it would be easier to transfer the front of the loom to the pre fbw truck , next issue is the casting for oil pump on the front of the engine the pre fbw doesn’t have the mount for the crank sensor so it would also need changing. That’s about all I know about the difference between the two engines but there may be some more

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

RE: Fuel pump, turbo & wiring transfer FBW to pre-FBW

#3 by japstar , Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:14 pm

Quote: Rob1307 wrote in post #2
The wiring will be you issue as the fbw one has an ecu under the dash and it’s a lot to splice and mess around with, it would be easier to transfer the front of the loom to the pre fbw truck , next issue is the casting for oil pump on the front of the engine the pre fbw doesn’t have the mount for the crank sensor so it would also need changing. That’s about all I know about the difference between the two engines but there may be some more

Casting should be moveable.

I was planning to make a stand alone wiring loom, and place the ecu in the engine compartiment, but transfering the front section of the loom also seems a good idea. (only downside is that the donor is LHD and the target is RHD ) I'll have to think about it
I was planning on transfering the front bumper with fog lights anyway, so I need to wire those lights too.

1999 K74 L200

japstar  
japstar
Date registered 06.19.2021

Last edited 12.08.2021 | Top

K74 engine swap
Heated seat wiring.

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor