2004 L200 (pajero sport?) wheel seizing at low speeds

#1 by Technically ( Guest ) , Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:36 am

Hey guys, new here and need some advice.

A couple weeks ago I was gifted a 2004 L200 to be used as an operational vehicle/technical in Ukraine. Unfortunately, it’s been sitting a while and the 4x4 is not working, but the bigger concern I have is yesterday as I was driving to the front line, the wheel (rear/driver side I believe) would seem to seize up. This only happened at low speeds and the 4x4 is constantly flashing.

This happened once before I left Kyiv and didn’t think anything (figured traction problems with the ice/snow), didn’t happen at all the 8 hour drive after, but when I got to my destination last night it did it 4-5 times as I was trying to move around and park in the parking areas. I’ll be stopped, throw it in 1st and be going ~5mph while looking for a place to park and a few seconds later you hear/feel at least one of the wheels start skidding and halts the truck.

Any advice would be helpful, I can get access to some tools, a mechanic shop if absolutely necessary but hoping I’d be able to fix, or disable, it myself.

Technically

RE: 2004 L200 (pajero sport?) wheel seizing at low speeds

#2 by Technically1 ( Guest ) , Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:23 pm

A little more info,

I tried it again, from what I can tell it seems to be only the rear driver side wheel. It’s happened when I’ve pushed the clutch in but I think it happened earlier while I was still in gear as well.

I did notice a new clunk noise somewhere in the rear that I’d hear every few seconds while moving that I don’t remember previously. But this truck is about 50% rust so noises sometimes come and go

If anyone has any ideas I’d really appreciate it, thanks

Technically1

intermittent cutting out at idle. No engine code.
Dodgy Door Open Connection

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor