Fuel System

#1 by l200noobie , Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Good afternoon lovely people!
Right, I've ballsed my lovely truck, please help!

I had a cracked leak off rail, replaced it with a new one (thanks Milners!) Now it won't start

If I open the leak nut on top of the fuel filter and prime the living life out of it, no diesel comes out (waaaaaah)
There is diesel in the tank, any suggestions as to what could be causing it? I've ordered a new filter and priming unit (the thing above the filter with the manual pump, no idea what it's called!)
From the rubbish I've typed above, could those be the cause of the problem???

Please help!

Cheers,

Paul

l200noobie  
l200noobie
Date registered 08.02.2013

RE: Fuel System

#2 by Mallinman , Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Does sound odd that its not priming. Can u blow air thru the pipe back to the tank so you know there is no blockage from the tank to the primer.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#3 by robl200 , Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:00 pm

Does seem weird! I replaced the same part and it spluttered a little then fired up. When you replaced it did you do the washers as well? They have to be the correct ones with the small holes in them.

Y reg trojan 184k now sold after 8 years of off road shenanigans and rebuilds and laffs!!

02 4life 72k in pieces!!

robl200
Date registered 10.02.2011

#4 by l200noobie , Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:00 pm

It's official, I'm a dumb arse!! I got my compressor out and duck taped up the filler hole, trying to blow diesel up to the filter, but never thought about trying the other way haha! As my name suggest, I'm new to trucks and spanners and some people would say thinking too!

Will try tomorrow :-)

l200noobie  
l200noobie

#5 by l200noobie , Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Hey rob!
I replaced it solo first time, then I was convinced it wouldn't start because I'd make a mess of the washers. Took it off, order new washers (and rail as the washers embedded themselves into the old new rail and wouldn't shift). So I got a mechanic friend to do it for me the second time. He suggested the filter, I added a primer to the order.....might need to return it though.
If it's a blocked line I'm going to feel like a proper willy head!

l200noobie  
l200noobie

#6 by diggermandan , Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:15 pm

When you're priming it do you open the nut as you press and close as you depress? Also try filling the filter with diesel before you put it in. You might just have totally empty lines

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#7 by l200noobie , Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Thanks for all the advise guys appreciate it!
I didn't open and close it DMD, will try that tomorrow too....fingers crossed something works and I can send the bits back to Milners :-)

You're all legends!

l200noobie  
l200noobie

#8 by diggermandan , Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 pm

There might be someone on here after a primer. They have been known to start leaking air which may also be your problem so don't rule out replacing it!

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Overheating NOT L200

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor