CYLINDER HEAD TYPES ?

#1 by bart , Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:13 pm

I am going to buy a cylinder head ( and indeed TRIED to today but that's another story ! ) but there seems to be a few different kinds and what i was wanting to know was is there a definative year/month when they changed ? Some heads have flush valves some don't some people that sell them couldn't tell me what they were selling and others said there wasn't 2 kinds of head and 1 size fits all... and i am not talking about backstreet breakers yards.

All i want is to buy the correct head AND BOLTS for my motor...could anyone shed some light on these Different heads ?

bart  
bart
Date registered 02.01.2014

RE: CYLINDER HEAD TYPES ?

#2 by LezT , Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Bart, ring KS International or Milners on Monday mate and ask them for a definative answer, I think the pre FBW were a flush valve, but I am not sure.. best ask the people who sell the new ones and see what they say.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#3 by bart , Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:32 pm

LEZ THAT is exactly my problem.....I called KS today and the call went like this " i am after a cylinder head for my l200 but i believe there are 2 kinds " REPLY "we have bilt or not" so i tried to explain that one has flush valves and the other doesnt REPLY " why you say valve " I repeated the explanation about valves , he answered his mobile while i was explaining and had a 30 second conversation to a pal/wife or who ever (( the first of 3 times he cut our comversation to chat on his other phone) and then came back to me with "just order on line " I asked if the bolts they sell are stretch bolts and he said "you buy seperate,you need them ,they go into the head " i then repeated "are they stretch bolts ? " and the reply was " they are standard bolts for your head " I gave up after that.

I wouldn't order anything off KS if that phone call is typical example of their competence and i still am non the wiser regarding the correct head for my truck !

bart  
bart

#4 by bart , Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 pm

I will try milners tomorrow and see if i can get any sense out of them.

bart  
bart

#5 by alex200 , Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:58 pm

I believe the milners head bolts are not up to the job. Wrong tensile strength so I've read (can link the thread to the poor guy who found out the hard way if you want to see for yourself). Dont use Mazda and mitsi spares as I found out the hard way with my sump. Milners heads maybe ok but I wouldnt like to say for certain as I've not had one off them. They could well be genuine parts.

My page: https://www.facebook.com/vikingfabdesign/

AKA Squishy Doughboy!

alex200  
alex200
Date registered 11.03.2012

#6 by bart , Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Unfortunately milners are Chinese heads but i am sick of looking/reading/searching so i just do not know where to get the head from. KS advertise genuine mitsy heads but after speaking to them i wouldn't be surprised if i received a banana and some lego.

I will be ordering one tomorrow but as yet god knows where from.

So far i haven't found anyone that advertises stretch bolts or anyone that can verify what head is actually on my motor. I may call mitsy to see if they can help.

bart  
bart

#7 by Stuarty1981 , Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am

Is there nothing stamped on your head to indicate which it is?

Sorry if this is a stupid question

http://cotag.net/index.php

Stuarty1981
Date registered 11.12.2013

#8 by tmw4562 , Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I replaced my cylinder head just about 18mths ago, I got mine from this place Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251117601571
I used the bolts that came with the head, but got a metal gasket from milners.
18mths down the line and all is good.
Also was the same as you I really didn't know what head I wanted, so I message him via eBay, he was really helpful and pointed
me in the right direction to what head I needed

L200 K74 2005 Animal,
Sport back canopy, Decat,
255/60/18 General Grabbers AT2

2010 Barbarian, Red
265/70/17 BF Goodrich KO2
Led DRL front bar
Auto folding mirrors from the key
Heated seats

The following contents have been linked to this post::

tmw4562
Date registered 09.24.2012

#9 by alex200 , Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:23 am

Your local engine shop should be able to supply you with a good quality set of bolts. I think 12 might be the right strength but not 100% sure.

My page: https://www.facebook.com/vikingfabdesign/

AKA Squishy Doughboy!

alex200  
alex200
Date registered 11.03.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Shape New Tyres

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor