Radio

#1 by Bures ( Guest ) , Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:23 am

I have a task to fit a replacement radio in the L200, unfortunately I havent yet got the vehicle at hand
The owner has told me the 12v feed has a problem
Radio works fine but when you switch on the sidelights the +ve wire glows red hot
Cant understand why the lights are pulling power from the radio wire
Haven`t got the time to spend on this truck only used on a farm and so to avoid this problem, I am looking for a new +ve that is live all the time to hold in the memory
Is the power socket/cigarette lighter live all the time, if not where can I splice in a wire easily to get this supply

Bures

RE: Radio

#2 by LezT , Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 am

Firstly the positive wire may well not be the required positive, you may well find that the wire used for the pos is the illumination wire that comes from the lighting circuit'
Start by finding the only wire that is live with everything off... this is the pos (+30), then the wire that is pos with just the ignition on.. ign (+15)... the ground will be (99%) Black with silver bands, or plain black...
Speaker wires etc are easy done colours normally match with a bleck base colour for the neg of the speaker..
All the wiring is in the workshop section in the wiring diagrams..Which unfortunately, you will not be able to see unless you join us mate, it's free and will have saved you bundles of time on this job alone..
Ciggy lighter is a switched live, there should be a permenant live at the radio..if not, there are access grommets in either side of the bulkhead and please do install a suitable fuse if you run your own power supply, this is a possible death waiting to happen if the system is shot and it gets a good power feed installed by yourself..vehicle could possibly catch fire very quickly..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 03.09.2014 | Top

RE: Radio

#3 by Bures ( Guest ) , Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:01 am

Thanks for all that info, very much appreciated
I have 2 +ve leads in the radio recess, both are live all the time respective of whether the ignition is on/off

One lead drives the radio so what is the other one for ?
Retain radio memory or electric aerial
Yes a wiring diagram is what I am after, I have registered to be a forum member but apart from an initial email, I am still waiting for authorisation

Bures

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Help with gearbox parts

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor