RE: WelshMart's Truck

#51 by Grizzly , Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Quote: WelshMart wrote in post #22
I now have my skid plates...

4mm mild steel.

I don't suppose you have a link to the site that you purchased these from. Trucks looking good, did you order those LED lights for the front yet?

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly
Date registered 08.16.2014

#52 by woody13 , Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Very nice......

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#53 by WelshMart , Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:47 pm

Quote: Grizzly wrote in post #51
Quote: WelshMart wrote in post #22
I now have my skid plates...

4mm mild steel.

I don't suppose you have a link to the site that you purchased these from. Trucks looking good, did you order those LED lights for the front yet?

I'm afraid the company that made them don't usually make this kind of thing, they just had all the right gear and had taken in a big contract off my old man. So they were made as a thank you from the CEO to him.

Thank you I'm pleased with the way it is coming along, keep adding bits as and when I find I need them. Light bar us ordered and in the post from China.

2006 4 Work, 285/75/16 Khumo MTs, 2.5 inch wide flexiflares, 4mm steel skid plates, Snorkel, CB Radio, Rallitronic module, broken Leer canopy, LED work light, LED bed light, 20" LED flood light, McK Rock Sliders, Team Heko wind deflectors, 2" suspension lift, Reverse Camera

WelshMart
Date registered 02.19.2013

#54 by Grizzly , Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 pm

That's a nice perk then, I will just shop around. I do really like the look of yours, you never know I might find something similiar in time.

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#55 by WelshMart , Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:02 pm

There was a company on ebay in the Midlands I was talking to about making them for me. Can't find their name right now, but I'll dig more tomorrow, they seemed quite helpful and willing. I got the drawings off of the oz forum.

2006 4 Work, 285/75/16 Khumo MTs, 2.5 inch wide flexiflares, 4mm steel skid plates, Snorkel, CB Radio, Rallitronic module, broken Leer canopy, LED work light, LED bed light, 20" LED flood light, McK Rock Sliders, Team Heko wind deflectors, 2" suspension lift, Reverse Camera

WelshMart

#56 by Grizzly , Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Don't suppose you still have the drawings?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#57 by WelshMart , Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 am

If this doesn't work you can download them from the oz forum, worth joining anyway as they do a lot more to their trucks so some good inspiration. Or you can pm me your email and I'll forward the .pdf.

[[File:bash plate.pdf]]

Attachment:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached files

WelshMart

#58 by Grizzly , Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:21 pm

I will be on the phone tomorrow trying to find someone to make me these up at a decent price. Thanks

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#59 by WelshMart , Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Had a night out lining in the peaks last night, it put quite a different spin on the lanes but the night breakers and Leeds light bar worked a treat. If i can figure out how to later I'll stick up some videos. Had I minor incident and a stone wall collapsed on me in a tight lane. Small dint in driver's door, oh well. up late this morning but I've managed to finish off painting my rock sliders ready to fit on Wednesday.
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

WelshMart

#60 by WelshMart , Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Just home from welding on my @McK rock sliders fitted a treat, thank you Brian. Here's a quick snap, I'll take some better pictures in the daylight.

WelshMart

#61 by WelshMart , Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:58 pm

A few snaps of my recent mods, rock sliders, wind deflectors and led light bar.

WelshMart

#62 by WelshMart , Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Would help if I uploaded the pics

WelshMart

#63 by WelshMart , Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:48 am

So after a night time laning trip in the Peaks towards the end of november I seem to have fried the CB (well i think I have), the whip got knocked off by a particularly low branch and i didn't realise. I've replaced the ariel but cant get the swr down below 3 now , i'll try again in the near future but it looks like i'll need a new CB.

Did another laning trip with Staffs4x4 just before Crimbo near Twycross, that was a fun day with a couple of water crossings and we encountered a burnt out car on one lane that we had to move and squeeze by.

I'll have to dig out the picture of us squeezing by the burnt out car...

I'm currently in the process of fitting an aftermarket central locking kit as i'm fed up of having to unlock every door whilst trying to put the two kids in, it isn't to bad but getting enough time to do it before it goes dark is a pain. Next on my list is a spare wheel mount over the rear bed using a shogun spare wheel mount, saw the idea on @PAULSV6 's truck. So I'm on the look out for a few parts and need to get the spare wheel tarted up and the full size spare fitted to it.

WelshMart

Last edited 01.07.2015 | Top

#64 by birdie , Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:14 am

Looks like a good day out

NO MORE L200, TIME FOR A MANS VEHICLE!!!!!

birdie
Date registered 11.06.2012

#65 by 123hotchef , Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:51 am

Check the coaxial cable with a multi meter between both ends could be cable before u right the rig off

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#66 by WelshMart , Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:01 am

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #65
Check the coaxial cable with a multi meter between both ends could be cable before u right the rig off

I will try that but it was fine before and the branch would have added slack to the cable rather than pulling it...

Quote: birdie wrote in post #64
Looks like a good day out

It was a good day and we had a group of nearly all L200's too, just one smokey disco...

WelshMart

#67 by 123hotchef , Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 am

u never know mate if you get a new cb and the coax has a problem you could damage that too for the sake a a couple of minutes with a meter it is worth checking

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#68 by WelshMart , Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:27 am

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #67
u never know mate if you get a new cb and the coax has a problem you could damage that too for the sake a a couple of minutes with a meter it is worth checking

Oh yeah I'll deffinately give it a check, worth the few minutes it'll take same as I'll get out in the open and try tuning it again before writing it off...

WelshMart

#69 by WelshMart , Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 am

So anyone remember this last year....

Truck died this morning. .. advice?

So yesterday evening spent the evening in my mates unit, he asked me to run him home after so that he could leave his car behind and pick up his new e28 birthday present from his wife. Bowling down the A38 at 60mph about the leave for the A5121 to Burton on Trent and the truck dies.... Coast to a hault on the slip road, try to restart and it just turns over but wont fire. Break out the Bluetooth code reader and it flags up Cam sensor fault... this all sounds familiar....???

Got AA out and exactly the same bloke as attended last year turns up.... this is getting spookey... he plugs in the diagnostics and gets exactly the same read outs he did last year. Fortunately as he remembered me and the fault he agreed to get me to the same garage as last year as it looks likely it'll be a waranty job even though my level of cover wouldn't get me there, check his data and it turns out he's allowed to tow me on the bar at up to 30mph in nuetral 2H.

So 11months later truck is sat in the garage car park with what seems to be the same fault again. Which seems really wierd...

WelshMart

#70 by WelshMart , Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Just been to garage to find out what's happened, verdict is cam belt has snapped this was fitted brand new last year... The garage is investigating if there was a failure in the engine that caused the cam belt to fail or if the components are faulty. I'm currently keeping my fingers crossed that the components are faulty and this can be done under warranty, but I'm never that lucky...

WelshMart

#71 by Mallinman , Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:01 pm

That's a bugger. Hope it's all under warranty. It bloody should be after only 11 month on a cam belt.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#72 by WelshMart , Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:14 pm

We'll see, the garage is looking if they can find a reason for the cam belt failure other than a faulty component. They are suggesting that it could have dropped a valve locling up the engine and causing the belt to fail. Knowon my luck they will find something that will end up that the bill is mine.

WelshMart

#73 by ronniecabers , Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Aren't these upright engines, so valves generally don't go...just snaps rockers?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#74 by WelshMart , Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:38 pm

From what I have read that is correct. I am hoping the damage is as minimal as possible. The garage is taking everything apart to prove it wasn't an engine fault so that we've got a good case for warranty work.

WelshMart

#75 by Mallinman , Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 pm

Nice to know the garage is on your side and helping you

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Multi Function Display / Trip Computer

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor