Grizzly's Animal

#1 by Grizzly , Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 pm

I've been here a while and thought I start a progress blog to keep track and maybe help others along the way. After all I've been gathering ideas from you guys for a while.

So this was the truck when I got it.

It had a Navarra style roof rack tiger sealed in place badly I might add and six 8 inch Mattel spots with only the two on the front bullbar a wired up on a eBay loom.

Now I didn't pay that for it as I was particular picky about a few things. I already had a few things in mind that I wanted to change and take off. But I just needed to build up the cash after buying it so it stayed like that for a while. Although I did extend the loom to wire in the four lights on the rear.

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly
Date registered 08.16.2014

RE: Grizzly's Animal

#2 by Grizzly , Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:17 pm

Only a number of small things happened for a few months the addition of a K&N panel filter. The removal of the Navarra. Style roof rack which was replaced with some cruz roof bars and after reading a review of some LED sidelights I added some of these. Along with a set of LED H4 that foxychris had fitted and reviewed.

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 07.27.2015 | Top

#3 by Grizzly , Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 pm

Eventually I had enough of saving for what I really wanted and spent some money on LED light bars for the front and rear

Switches

Here is a link to another thread which I started about fitting them. It contains the links for all the LED light bars and switches I used.
LED Light bar fitting?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#4 by Gezza , Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:24 pm

Coming along nicely

Raging Bull (Red) Manual 35,000m '57'
K&N
Truckman Top
Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/17
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza
Date registered 01.12.2013

#5 by Grizzly , Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 pm

I've also added some 265/65R17 INSA Turbo Ranger AT tyres to the truck which provedvery useful this week when I was at a festival parked in a field and it proceed to rain for the most part I left with ease when other did not. Pictures will follow and I think it's lifted the truck up a little at the same time.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#6 by Grizzly , Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:28 pm

So today I took the truck to the beach where it proformed very well in the sand, it looked the part pulling the ski.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#7 by robert3040 , Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Nice 😎

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

robert3040
Date registered 05.09.2012

#8 by Mallinman , Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Looks smart now bud. It's amazing what a few mods will do to a truck.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#9 by Grizzly , Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks guys, not sure what to do next. I've seen some cool stuff on the new triton forum and I quite like the idea of a double din satnav/DVD but not sure I want to lose my blue display.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#10 by Grizzly , Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Well after a long few days at work i decide that i did'nt really like the look of my tub. Upon leaving work i could'nt help but think id seen so many trucks with it done and wondered how i would go about finding the right tools to get the effect just right. so i was sitting there thinking and then it hit me. Or the truck depending on how you look at it.

All i needed was a post something solid that would not move when truck touched it but would actually go into it and these things are every where even right behind you it turns out.

The end result...

Now i am not to sure if its quite right so i might get a little friend out known to anyone and everyone as mallet and see what i can achieve with his help to add to the effect. Needless to say i cant really tell if i like it or not looking back i think the original design was pretty good and perhaps i shouldn't have been wondering and spent more time listening to a certain beeping tone.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#11 by woody13 , Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Now that's a proper mod...

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#12 by ronniecabers , Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:54 pm

ouch ... been there done that.....

there is a section called Donkey of the Week though........LOL! ( visited a few times myself! )

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#13 by 123hotchef , Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:55 pm

yep ouch get some rodger and some paint ur be fine

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#14 by Mallinman , Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Nice job. I really like the mod you've done to the light to allow the water to drain out after it rains. Very nice.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#15 by Grizzly , Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Well I've sort of fixed the rear with a hammer.

This turned up this afternoon,

From that to this

and fitting well commence tomorrow

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#16 by Grizzly , Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:01 pm

It came with a few options for fitting to the roof I think I will see if I can attach it to my existing roof rack before I use them

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#17 by Grizzly , Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Well I've offered it up I just need to work out away of fixing it in place.

Here's a picture of the fittings and the closest one to actually fitting.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#18 by Shedtune , Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Liking that roof rack...

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.....

Shedtune
Date registered 08.30.2015

#19 by krutly , Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:14 pm

I'd be tempted to work out how you can fit the cage to the bars you already have rather than get the feet they've given you to fit the truck, maybe a couple of "L" brackets and drill holes down into you original roof bars and use the holes already in the cage ?

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#20 by Grizzly , Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Quote: krutly wrote in post #19
I'd be tempted to work out how you can fit the cage to the bars you already have rather than get the feet they've given you to fit the truck, maybe a couple of "L" brackets and drill holes down into you original roof bars and use the holes already in the cage ?

L brackets sound good I will see what I can find tomorrow.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#21 by Grizzly , Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Well it's been a while since I'd touched the truck and I've been collecting a few bits.

Today I have replaced the battery and whilst it was off fitted this.

Thanks @FoxyChris for his version of the EGR resistor mod it was very simple to fit and took me just under half an hour.

I've still got a snorkel to fit and I am awaiting a diff breather kit that the guys in the newtriton forum use.
This is it. Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/121810551843

Grizzly's Animal

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Grizzly

#22 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:52 pm

So my snorkels arrived. Everyone know what they look like but I've also just received this in the post. Something nice and shinny for me to fit. A BRC diff breather kit

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 12.03.2015 | Top

#23 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Progress to date:

Before it started to pour down i thought i have a go at fitting my diff breather kit i have been reading up on it on the newtriton forums and did the normal youtube search as well.

I started off by fixing my diff breather block in place.

After this i though i would tackle what would be the hardest of the pipe work the transfer box and gear box. As it turns out it was a lot easier then i had expected.
So first of you need to undo these two 10 mm bolts in the armrest.

After this you can simple pull the console backwards out of the way to revel two 10 mm bolt located here.

Once you have undone these there are two plastic grub push pins either side of the drivers and passenger footwell. Simply depress the centre and pull the console plastic outwards. They should pop out with very little resistance.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#24 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Thats all that holds the gear stick surround in place you can now pull it free and move it outwards. At this point i unscrewed the gear stick and transfer stick knobs and lifted the surround off leaving me with this.

After removing the black mat surround you will be left with this.

Remove the six cross head screw and pry up the metal bracket with a flat head screwdriver its pops off quite quickly. From here i pulled the rubber away to revel the pipes you see below. After reading a great deal about how to attach the breather pipe i went with what everyone on the new triton forum was doing which you can see below.

Feed the breather pipes down under the box. not the best of pictures but once there under its pretty easy to see them and work them uo to the breather block and connect.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#25 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Once this is done thats it for the gear box and transfer box simply put everything back in reverse with the plastic grub push pins i found that when putting these back in it was easier to take them apart and insert the main body first then the pin itself.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Anyone put a Bigger 3lt Mercedes-Benz diesel engine

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor