RE: Getting hot when stationary

#26 by VinylVisuals , Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Quote: Discodaz wrote in post #25
So how dis the water pump perform? Sounds like your making steady progress.heres always a reason these things are happening,its just a case of finding it

Daz

I couldnt the rad trick as water was coming out as fast as i was putting it in lol

--
L200 Animal 53

VinylVisuals  
VinylVisuals
Date registered 03.01.2014

#27 by Discodaz , Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Oh i see..well,best of luck with it..i sympathise as i went through similar.however,in the end for me a 20 quid stat sorted it..

Daz

2003 l200 warrior double cab,black, Alpha gtx, canopy, De egr'd, De cat, Reversing camera, Bedrug load liner.mitzi power upgrade,led dash lights.

Founder member of " THE GLEAM TEAM "

Discodaz
Date registered 03.15.2013

#28 by fatboy , Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Even with the limited time I spent at school I know water boils at 100 degrees. As far as I know the idea of the pressurised cooling system is to raise the boiling point thus preventing the water in the system from boiling whilst it circulates. If your hose is split would this cause the system not to pressurise and therefore reduce the efficiency of the coolant as it reaches boiling point? As a result boiling up and overheating.

Big Truck
53 plate Animal
Mountain top with 3" roll bar
8" spots on bar
Front over rider with more spots
Decatted
Egr removed
Osram nightbreakers fitted
1 Dead engine
It's Aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

fatboy
Date registered 11.20.2011

#29 by robert3040 , Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:37 pm

From Fearing the worst thread;

save quote
RE: Fearing the worst!
#18 by robert3040 , Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Make sure that you have a good seal on your header tank screw down cap.Make sure that the small pipe from the rad to the header tank is not blocked
You can also try a heat sensor on your radiator to see if yo have any cold patches where it is blocked.

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

Thank You

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

robert3040
Date registered 05.09.2012

#30 by LezT , Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:07 am

Quote: fatboy wrote in post #28
Even with the limited time I spent at school I know water boils at 100 degrees. As far as I know the idea of the pressurised cooling system is to raise the boiling point thus preventing the water in the system from boiling whilst it circulates. If your hose is split would this cause the system not to pressurise and therefore reduce the efficiency of the coolant as it reaches boiling point? As a result boiling up and overheating.

This is the reason I always suggest the rad cap, had cr499y seals many a time .........that will do exactly as Martin has said, drops the pressure and allows the coolant to boil, causing overheating.
New rad cap will cure this 30% of the time
Also removing the thermostat will eliminate 'flow' problems with the coolant.... It is a fair sized restriction in the system and unless the water pump has no blades left on the impeller, a marked increase in flow is achieved ..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

Last edited 06.26.2014 | Top

#31 by VinylVisuals , Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:35 pm

OK, reporting in!

The pipe has been replaced for around a week-10 days...No more random overheating! We have thought that maybe the hose had a very small hole in it initially which was drawing in air and causing random airlocks. They would then clear themselves and it would start over again explaining the randomness of the overheating, until ultimately the hose completely split.

Im not sure how realistic that theory is but at least if someone else has a similar problem it may give them another thing to check into. Total cost or repair...£0.24p for the hose!

Also the small pipe from the header tank to the rad was blocked...

Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

--
L200 Animal 53

VinylVisuals  
VinylVisuals
Date registered 03.01.2014

Last edited 07.09.2014 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Structural engineer

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor