L200 mechanic in the Liverpool area

#1 by matthewgordon , Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a Mitsubishi or L200 mechanic in the Liverpool area. Ive got a few issues and local garages dont seem to want to get involved.. which is GREAT!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon
Date registered 06.21.2014

RE: L200 mechanic in the Liverpool area

#2 by matthewgordon , Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Or... does anyone on here fancy somework?

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#3 by tigger , Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm useless to you, but what's the niggles? Knowledgable people on her may be able to give you the answers to the problems. Make sure you add what year truck you've got.

2003 Double cab Warrior
2009 Navara tekna

tigger
Date registered 05.10.2012

Last edited 07.08.2014 | Top

#4 by matthewgordon , Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Cheers..

Outstanding issues are:

Oil leak - Garage didn't want to get involved as they believe is on the pipe coming from or to the turbo and they don't know if it is a standard pipe or if they would need to order one. They also didn't want to take the turbo off to access it.. useless!

Ive just found 2 rubber pipes hanging down underneath the car... front end.. haven't a clue what they are for or if they are involved in this oil leak.. All I know is that my path is getting messed up. HA!

Temp dial won't turn fully to the cold side.. but it does turn all the way to the hot side and lines up ok. When you really give it a good turn to the cold is makes a knocking sound like it stuck on something.. again.. garage don't want to take dash off.

Steerling wheel points to right when going straight. Again garage don't want to get involved.

A good service and advice on anything else that might need doing. I don't have a manual yet so im not sure on timing belt replace etc etc.

Ive been to 3 local garages and they all don't want to do anything.

Truck is L200 double cab Warrior 2004 54

Thanks all

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#5 by chaldon3 , Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:58 pm

it is quite rare for the oil feed pipes to turbo to leak. just try and nip up . money is on rocker cover gasket or the rubber half moon seal, rocker cover off draw line straight back from cam after last rocker. steering wheel out of line get your tracking checked free at ats. temp gauge it would be time consuming but look these trucks can have a habit of over heating you need temp reading at hand. so cheaper way buy generic gauge from ebay and stick it some place you can see.

chaldon3
Date registered 11.18.2012

#6 by robert3040 , Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Best way to find the oil leak if clean around the engine as best a you can and Youll soon find the source,plenty of old rags will do.

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - Central Scotland

" going where you ain't been"

robert3040
Date registered 05.09.2012

#7 by Mallinman , Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:42 pm

The temp dial pulls and pushes a metal wire that opens and closes a flap in front of the heater matrix. The wire comes out under the white centre box in the middle of the cab behind the radio. You can see where it connects if you look up to the left of the clutch pedal. Get some one to keep turning the hot/cold dial so you can see it. It might be blocked by something or not quite on right.
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
It's under the white box in the centre. But don't worry. You don't have to take anything off your dash to see it. Mine only looked like that cos I had to change that white box.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#8 by Mallinman , Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:44 pm

Quote: matthewgordon wrote in post #4
Cheers..

Ive just found 2 rubber pipes hanging down underneath the car... front end.. haven't a clue what they are for or if they are involved in this oil leak.. All I know is that my path is getting messed up. HA!

Are these two pipes behind the font axle??

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman

#9 by matthewgordon , Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:33 pm

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #7
The temp dial pulls and pushes a metal wire that opens and closes a flap in front of the heater matrix. The wire comes out under the white centre box in the middle of the cab behind the radio. You can see where it connects if you look up to the left of the clutch pedal. Get some one to keep turning the hot/cold dial so you can see it. It might be blocked by something or not quite on right.

It's under the white box in the centre. But don't worry. You don't have to take anything off your dash to see it. Mine only looked like that cos I had to change that white box.

Thanks! I have started a new post just for this one... It would be good if you got involved. Cheers

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#10 by matthewgordon , Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #8
Quote: matthewgordon wrote in post #4
Cheers..

Are these two pipes behind the font axle??

Here is a pic of the dangling beauties. Can you see both?

ThanksBild entfernt (keine Rechte)

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#11 by Mallinman , Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:25 pm

They look like vacuum hoses for the actuator. That's the part with that rubber sleeve on the picture. It should have two hoses on the end of it. Does your 4wd work??

Mallinman

#12 by matthewgordon , Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:11 am

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #11
They look like vacuum hoses for the actuator. That's the part with that rubber sleeve on the picture. It should have two hoses on the end of it. Does your 4wd work??

Cue a stupid question from a none mechanic... How wilI know?

Thanks

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#13 by Mallinman , Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 am

Only real way to tell is to chock all four wheels off the floor and see if they all turn in 4wd. Does the green 4wd light flash a lot??

Mallinman

#14 by matthewgordon , Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:27 pm

No. No flashing light. Is it worth getting it back in the garage for this or will it not cause any issues? Thanks for the reply

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#15 by Mallinman , Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:14 pm

If everything works fine and you've got no problems with these pipes then all is ok. You know the saying. If it ain't broke. Dont fix it.

Mallinman

#16 by matthewgordon , Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 pm

It shall be left hanging! haha thanks

matthewgordon  
matthewgordon

#17 by Cobra , Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:12 am

Hi Mate;
I have found that self help has its own great reward, I have not long since bought my first L200 added to that is the input from like minded people, you can run your questions through me and I will try to help. I intend to go straight through my L200 myself and getting looking and running as close to how it came out of the factory. I am a competent mechanic that took a career change a few years ago. But as we all know from the first cut knuckle once the oil and diesel is in your blood you are hooked. You could say I am a oilcoholic that has fallen off the wagon. I am no expert by any means.

Let me know if you are interested in the self help approach.

Regards Chris AKA cobra

If its not broken, Dont fix it
L200 Trojan, Silver A66 Code
56 Reg Truck Done 205800+ Mls
Custom Built Lid
Owner Fitted Reversing Sensors ( well I can see real good its just the little blighter's you cant see that count)
if you wanna know more just ask

Cobra
Date registered 07.16.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Air con and temp dial

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor