RE: Lack of power uphill

#26 by Cobra , Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Cheers mate I am out at my Nieces 18th during day family barby lol loads of fun

If its not broken, Dont fix it
L200 Trojan, Silver A66 Code
56 Reg Truck Done 205800+ Mls
Custom Built Lid
Owner Fitted Reversing Sensors ( well I can see real good its just the little blighter's you cant see that count)
if you wanna know more just ask

Cobra
Date registered 07.16.2014

#27 by Cobra , Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Cheers mate I am at Nieces Barby tomorrow loads of fun will come online tomorrow evening

Quote: 4life-extreme wrote in post #25
No worries think it could be sorted tomorrow try and get them done early evening for you Chris.

Custom Built Lid
Owner Fitted Reversing Sensors ( well I can see real good its just the little blighter's you cant see that count)

Cobra

#28 by 4life-extreme , Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 pm

They will not be much use to you till Sunday afternoon then LOL

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#29 by Cobra , Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:14 pm

I wont be drinking because I am driving so I think I should be ok, right off to bed need to be in good mood for family get together lol

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#30 by krutly , Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:07 pm

does this help at all ?

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#31 by LezT , Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:32 pm

OK Chris, gonna suggest something really stupid here, is there deffo vacuum on that pipe, I'm thinking this could be the gearbox breather been extended right up into the top of the engine bay ready for some wading...??

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#32 by Rob1307 , Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:07 pm

I am new to the forum and on a big learning curve with my l200 but had a similar problem when loaded with logs, when I put a boost gauge on it I found the turbo was boosting anywhere between 8psi and 18psi with no eml light on . I put turbo cleaner through it and adjusted max boost screw and touch wood it's been ok and pulls well now

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

#33 by 4life-extreme , Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO

4life-extreme

#34 by LezT , Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Rob ... if ya need it mate there is the Mitzi setup for the turbo's in the Workshop section..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ

FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend

#35 by LezT , Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:13 pm

Chris, in Dave's first pic you can clearly see the two metal pipes from up the rear of the cylinder head... ( only for some reason his are on the side.).. so who couldn't get their fat hands down the back of the head to get the bolt through the three brackets and into the rear of the head..LOL

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ

FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend

#36 by 4life-extreme , Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Quote: LezT wrote in post #35
Chris, in Dave's first pic you can clearly see the two metal pipes from up the rear of the cylinder head... ( only for some reason his are on the side.).. so who couldn't get their fat hands down the back of the head to get the bolt through the three brackets and into the rear of the head..LOL

JOBS TO DO

4life-extreme

#37 by Cobra , Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Sorry Lez had lazy weekend due to family barby, I got some worrying news I was wrong about the EML it does not come on at all, it may just be a blown bulb. but after going through owners manual I noticed I was looking at wrong thing

Quote: LezT wrote in post #31
OK Chris, gonna suggest something really stupid here, is there deffo vacuum on that pipe, I'm thinking this could be the gearbox breather been extended right up into the top of the engine bay ready for some wading...??

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#38 by Cobra , Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:10 pm

Yes there is vacuum on it in an intermittent pulse (if that helps) I have printed dave's pics off and I am going to have another look tomorrow

Quote: LezT wrote in post #31

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#39 by Cobra , Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:13 pm

The real annoying thing is she runs like a dream in normal running conditions, I have also noticed the symbol showing 4x4 is engaged does not illuminate either so gonna check all bulbs and replace where needed

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#40 by Cobra , Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi Mate thanks for pics. I have now put them on exactly has yours are fitted. all pipes now go somewhere. I am off working down at Rhigos South Wales again over the weekend so will give it a good test fingers crossed

Quote: 4life-extreme wrote in post #18
duno if this helps much g151p4307-mod.html

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#41 by 4life-extreme , Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Quote: Cobra wrote in post #40
Hi Mate thanks for pics. I have now put them on exactly has yours are fitted. all pipes now go somewhere. I am off working down at Rhigos South Wales again over the weekend so will give it a good test fingers crossed
Quote: 4life-extreme wrote in post #18
duno if this helps much g151p4307-mod.html

Lets hope its ok, let us know how it performs

JOBS TO DO

4life-extreme

#42 by Cobra , Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Well I thought I should give a report on the on going saga of lack of power on inclines, I am at work at the moment in Rhigos South Wales in the mountains and yes the truck is behaving a lot better, after altering the high boost bolt. Also when I set off last night just before midnight the EML went off as it should and stayed off for the whole 194 mile trip.
one thing I have noticed is the exhaust is kicking out a lot of black smoke until I get into 4th and the truck starts cruising around 50+. I am beginning to think that the air/fuel mixture is being impeded by coking and a major clean out operation is due when I get some time off next week. I am hoping to attend Kirton for the offroad weekend but dont want to make things worse with the truck.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about the smoking prob please feel free to let me know

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#43 by LezT , Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:35 pm

Run a fuel system cleaner through it, worth payng the extra bit for a decent one too...
Also try a slightly slower acceleration, rather than lead footing it until the desired revs has been reached, heavy acceleration will cause bleck smoke because of unburnt fuel, extra fuel shoved in by the pump which has no time to burn comes out as black smoke, with a steady acceleration, just a slightly slower press down, as the revs increase so will the fuel introduced.... this means it will get actually used in the combustion process rather than being wasted as black smoke.

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ

FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend

Last edited 08.16.2014 | Top

#44 by Cobra , Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:01 am

Cheers Lez, I am not usually a lead foot but when you are facing an uphill saga as in the Brecons with more vehicles than the M6 Birmingham stretch its hard not to want to hit the pedal to stop the idiots in 40 footers glaring at you like you was a snail at a march rabbit party lol

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#45 by Cobra , Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:09 am

Next job is to get the engine and its components clean. Using advise given by members I intend to get cleaners/additives from motor shop next week and give the engine a grooming its needed for a long time. anyone with idea's or tips on the best additives to use or ones defo to avoid please let me know. I checked the air filter while at work this morning and it looks like the original fitted and this is a 56 reg. So thats the first thing to be changed

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

#46 by krutly , Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:11 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I've used redex,foutron and forte to mention but a few and the only one that I feel makes the slightest bit of difference (to my truck anyway) is forte

here is a link -------------> Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORTE-DIESEL-F...=item43cbd4cecc

usually when I change my fuel fiyer, I pour neat forte into the new one, most of the way up then top it off with fresh diesel then replace, quick prime and fire here up. An italian tune up later and it's all good

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

The following contents have been linked to this post::

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#47 by Cobra , Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 am

OK here goes next episode in this saga. having copied exactly the configuration of the vac pipes and altered the boost screw on turbo, the lack of power problem has been 95% improved but now I have black smoke problem. it is not there all the time just from changing gears from 2nd up to 4th. I dont have a lead foot as I am a miser where fuel consumption is concerned hence 60-65 max on motorway. I know some will point to re-adjusting the boost screw back a bit but before writing this I have gone through that sequence of events and its still the same. I am going to go full hog and get EGR,Turbo, and Cat cleaners and put some fuel additive in this weekend because I believe the previous owner did virtually nothing to the engine and its in need of some TLC. so anyone with any idea's or suggestions please feel free to add your experience.

Custom Built Lid

Cobra

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
sat nav update

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor