Oil in coolant

#1 by gingerninja62 ( Guest ) , Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm

Hi everybody, newbie here awaiting my account to activate...been told it could take a few days so here as a guest. I am posting on behalf of my hubby who is a bit of a technophobe. We have recently purchased an L200 double cab 2003 and love her. Did all the usual checks on picking her up after getting tips from you guys on the forum. We drove her back from Glasgow to Buxton with no problems or change in performance. Two weeks later we have oil in the radiator and expansion tank....it wasn't there before. One of the hoses split a week ago but was replaced and all fine. Car has never overheated..gauge only rose when the hose went and engine was stopped straight away. Hubby knows it is most probably the head gasket (not a problem as he is a mechanic) but was wondering if he is missing anything as L200s are totally new to us. Anything else he should check before stripping her down or do we resign ourselves to a bit of elbow grease..p.s. no water in the engine oil, thought might be oil cooler failure but soon realised its not watercooled. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers guys,

gingerninja62

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
EGR VALVE

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor