RE: Egr removal

#26 by Hornstar , Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 pm

My kit came yesterday. Gonna do it on Sunday all being well & no extreme weather!

AMTRAK TRAINHORN EQUIPPED L200
K5 NATHAN AIRCHIMES @152dB & 150psi
SET OF 148dB HORNBLASTER SHOCKERS
SOON TO HAVE CLASS 227 INTER CITY TRAIN HORNS

Hornstar
Date registered 01.10.2015

#27 by Hornstar , Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Guys! I just plucked up the courage to do the EGR removal. However, just having a blonde moment, I removed the top of the air filter, removed the Gaurd in front of the brake master cylinder. Started to release bolts holding the EGR brackets, then had a look at the bolts in the new kit............................ This is the bit when I bottled it and put it back together............... The kit came with 4 bolts, two short ones & two long ones? But for the life of me I can't work out what the long ones are for???????

Am I being a complete nonce, can someone please educate me as to why there are two long bolts?

Thanks

Pete

Hornstar

#28 by Jon Grimsby , Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Off the top of my head I think the longer bolts are for if you leave the egr in place with the blanking plate slipped in? Are you removing the EGR and the cooler completely?

Jon Grimsby
Date registered 10.25.2014

Last edited 02.01.2015 | Top

#29 by Hornstar , Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Quote: Jon Grimsby wrote in post #28
Off the top of my head I think the longer bolts are for if you leave the egr in place with the blanking plate slipped in? Are you removing the EGR and the cooler completely?

Hmmmmm I guesss that would make perfect sense. Yes I am going to remove the cooler to. It started to spit coo icey rain, so a job for another day!

Hornstar

#30 by Jon Grimsby , Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:24 pm

Quote: Hornstar wrote in post #29
Quote: Jon Grimsby wrote in post #28

Hmmmmm I guesss that would make perfect sense. Yes I am going to remove the cooler to. It started to spit coo icey rain, so a job for another day!

The long bolts are still sat on the bench in the garage, I did wonder if you where mad working on your truck in this weather

Jon Grimsby
Date registered 10.25.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Discovery 3

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor