Flashing 4WD Light ..

#1 by MrKenny , Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:32 pm

After the previous owner spent a large amount of money fixing the flashing 4WD light, it’s started again. Car is a Warrior, ’55 plate.

Unbolting the actuator, it’s moving ‘OK’ but seems to have a step in its action. WD40 a-plenty, then pumping it by hand, I managed to get a hand full of what looks like dust/rust coming out of both of the vac pipe connectors on the actuator. After several minutes pumping, both sides appeared to be clean. Loads more lube on the shaft, and there still seems to be a certain amount of movement, then the step to the last bit of travel.

The blue line has 50mm vacuum on it in 2WD mode (yellow has none), when switched into 4WD mode, the yellow line pulls 250mm of vacuum (blue has none).

Three questions – 1. Should there be a ‘step’ in the actuator movement, 2. Should the vacuum be the same to pull either way on the actuator, and, 3. The solenoid on the drivers inner wing – is this the same as the one on the inner passenger wing so I can swap this out with a spare I have? Thanks!

MrKenny
Date registered 07.24.2014

RE: Flashing 4WD Light ..

#2 by 123hotchef , Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:41 pm

how are the metal pipes the rubber ones connect too they can rust inside and become blocked how is the accumelator

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

RE: Flashing 4WD Light ..

#3 by MrKenny , Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:53 pm

A couple of the metal pipes have been replaced with rubber / silicone over the entire length. One across the back to the solenoids on the passenger wing, one from the solenoids on the drivers wing to the actuator. The vac tank holds vacuum, so discounting that as a first cause. I've bought a secondhand actuator (delivery in next day or so) and the dust blowing out of the actuator makes me think it's generally just dirt. The switch is another thought as the cabling doesn't look perfect, but the fact that the vacuum level is so different interests me or suggests bunged up pipes!

MrKenny
Date registered 07.24.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Tow rope/strap

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor