Changing the dam sump??

#1 by WarriorSam , Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Hello again guys got some great help on here before and lookin for some more!!!! I'm a have a go man on the spanners so thought I would give my latest problem a go before I pay someone to put all my mistakes right!!! Right problem is a porous sump or leaky sump gasket need to get sump out of a 2005 k74 engine and inspect if it's sound re gasket and replace. If it's gone (which I think it has!) replace sump gasket and replace!! My questions are as follows:
1 is it best to undo mounts jack and block it with wood remove jack and remove sump or do I remove anti roll bar and part of the steering??
2 is it a gasket or just a bead of sealant?
3. Best place for replacement sump if req??

Please keep the advice in numpty terms as I'm deffinately a beginner in the fix it yourself l200 world

Thanks ever so much kind regards Sam

WarriorSam
Date registered 04.10.2014

RE: Changing the dam sump??

#2 by Ollie , Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Gaskets and milners or k and s international for sump someone's else might know of a better place for the sump let me know how you get on iv got a stripped plug hole.

Your Area Rep for Newcastle upon Tyne Did have several l200s
04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie
Date registered 10.02.2013

#3 by Major Malfunction , Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Its a sealant gasket can't remember what I used but do it in the afternoon fit and leave overnight,yes jack up the rear and slide out old sump

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

#4 by Ollie , Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:55 pm

So i do apologise i really thought it was a gasket DOH!! my bad

Your Area Rep for Newcastle upon Tyne Did have several l200s
04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie
Date registered 10.02.2013

#5 by Rob1307 , Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:43 pm

You can put the sump back on with or without a gasket you just have to use the right sealer , the sump can be taken off without lifting the engine , remove foam pad at the back or the sump and bend brackets flat , drop the stearing drag link and anti roll bar out of the way , when unbolted there is just enough room to wiggle the sump out . I used a gasket when I put my new one on with a smear of sealer on both sides

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
help/advice required

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor