RancidRobs Truck

#1 by RancidRob , Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Evening Guys & Gals!

I'm very new to the whole L200 scene so i apologize in advance for my inexperience with things.

Anywho! I'm looking to Mod my truck (Big Bertha) for off-roading whilst staying practical for on road as well. Shes a 2005 2.5 TD Warrior with 48k on the clock, now I'm wondering what would the experienced off-roaders advise me to getting in the way of mods to the engine as well as the trucks exterior;
Things like Suspension/Body Lift Kits, Snorkel Kit, Winches Etc and for the Engine maybe Re-mapping, Upgrade the Inter-cooler & pipes (silicone) and possibly remove the EGR unit & cooler to increase her power and MPGs.
If its possible I'd be very grateful if you lovely people could help me put together ideas, recommendations and maybe a list of parts and dealers I'd need to turn her into a proper beast off and on road.

I've literally just brought a set of BF Goodrich All Terrains 265/70/16 as the tires she came with looked a bit worse for ware.

Rob.

RancidRob
Date registered 03.15.2015

RE: RancidRobs Truck

#2 by Hornstar , Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:33 am

Welcome to the place of everything insane! Nice looking truck you got there!
Firstly don't apologise for anything!

The list is endless, I am relatively new to the forum myself, great bunch of peeps here, although you have to understand there is a underlying fetish with badgers & wonderful stuff like that! Ask as many stupid questions as you feel you need to!

There's so many mods, since joining I have ordered a de cat pipe, removed my EGR, been off road with a few of the London lads (broke my truck, £700 later!) fitted a CB, fitted the twin headlight conversion, looking to get a set of 35mm spacers & off road wheels & tyres, blah blah blah blah blah blah

Enjoy your stay

AMTRAK TRAINHORN EQUIPPED L200
K5 NATHAN AIRCHIMES @152dB & 150psi
SET OF 148dB HORNBLASTER SHOCKERS
SOON TO HAVE CLASS 227 INTER CITY TRAIN HORNS

Hornstar
Date registered 01.10.2015

Last edited 03.24.2015 | Top

#3 by Rob1307 , Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 am

Mods can be as wild or tame as you want , my trucks had the torsion bars wound up and the biggest set of mud tyres I could fit under it and the rest is pretty standard , plenty of people on here go playing in mud so will give great advice on the best direction to go . The egr cooler is known to cause problems and most people bin them and use an ebay blank kit , have I look through the how to section there is a lot of stuff there .
More power from the from the engine is a bone of contention, there are mixed feelings of wether is causes premature head gasket or head failure, enjoy your truck and enjoy the forum ,there is no such thing as a daft question

02 animal double cab back on the road after two years in a barn
shogun sport , not much I can say about it really other than it’s slower than the l200 🤷‍♂️
In hythe kent

Rob1307
Date registered 08.02.2014

#4 by woody13 , Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:44 am

Hello there Rob,welcome to the nut hutch,let the lunacy begin.....

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#5 by woody13 , Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 am

Just had a look at your pics,a good lookin bus ya have there mate....

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North West England
2.8 Import,gone but not forgotten...
The Beast,never to be forgotten...
The Big Silver Beastie,soon to be reborn...

The Frankenfender is on its way....

woody13
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.05.2011

#6 by krutly , Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:48 am

That's a seriously low mileage you got there Rob

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by RancidRob , Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you very much guys! Yea she was a very nice find! Ended up doing a 400+ mile round trip for her but well worth the miles ;)
I've been looking at and reading a lot on peoples builds/projects, its so exciting, so many options & ideas!
I'd love to get a straight through twin stack exhaust system installed but I've no idea where i could find something like that and Google cant seem to help when looking for stuff like that, not sure if there is a specific manufacturer for that of if they are a bespoke type item id have to have made.

RancidRob

#8 by 4life-extreme , Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Welcome to the Form Rob nice truck u got there the mods are endless. as for a stack system ask these guys http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/dealer-locator/

Im getting a straight through side exit from these guys hopefully end of next month

enjoy Modding your truck

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

Last edited 03.25.2015 | Top

#9 by RancidRob , Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 pm

Good evening chaps!

I hope everyone's well, its coming up payday soon and I'm looking to get the EGR removed and put in an induction/air filter kit.
Can any1 suggest some good brands with prices and locations where i can buy these from please?

Rob

RancidRob

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Train Horn equipped L200!

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor