12v Actuators for a Mountain Top or Bjerg Cap

#1 by Hornstar , Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 pm

Ok, you have to bare with me on this one. I dropped a major testicle the other day!
My battery was flat as a pancake the other morning for no apparent reason??? So I took the battery out and charged it up.
I drove to work and then went to open the back, but as some of you may know, my Bjerg Cap/Mountain top has 12v actuators on it, which open & shut the lid by remote control. I then put two & two together & associated the battery being flat with the possibility that some how I had burnt out the motors by sitting on my remote control that lifts and lowers the back.

So being a Sparky for over thirty years I got my 12v tester out and checked I had 12v's at the actuator, which when I grounded my screwdriver lead and touched the positive terminal to the actuator, it lit up!

So, I deduced I now needed two actuators, next job was to go onto Fleabay, where I went & purchased 2 x 12v 330lbs actuators with limit switches built in. Brilliant! £112 later they arrived at my door.

I connected one up, just to check it opened & the existing wiring, I then pressed the button to open.....................................................nothing happened. I then went straight to the battery and to my extreme horror, saw a wire off the battery!

Gutted is an under statement, I connected my old actuators up and they work beautifully!

So I have two brand new actuators that I need to recoup some of my money from. I am looking for about £80 inc delivery any where I'm UK apart from Scotland (not my doing!)

These are easy peasy, lemon squeeze to fit.

For another £20, I will sell you a remote that you can open & shut the back of, plus a easy to understand wiring diagram.

I will post up pics in the morning

AMTRAK TRAINHORN EQUIPPED L200
K5 NATHAN AIRCHIMES @152dB & 150psi
SET OF 148dB HORNBLASTER SHOCKERS
SOON TO HAVE CLASS 227 INTER CITY TRAIN HORNS

Hornstar
Date registered 01.10.2015

RE: 12v Actuators for a Mountain Top or Bjerg Cap

#2 by diggermandan , Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:03 am

Just a thought..... could they be used for a bonnet as well? Not my cup of tea but increasing the application potential could increase your customer base. might be nice on a tricked out polished up gleam mobile to remote operate the engine viewing hatch

Probably the least effective ever AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'93 Strada double cab, broken... 5 years off the road, list of things to repair just about getting shorter!
'94 Strada double cab 'parts truck'... too good to break?

diggermandan
Date registered 01.22.2012

#3 by Hornstar , Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:49 am

Quote: diggermandan wrote in post #2
Just a thought..... could they be used for a bonnet as well? Not my cup of tea but increasing the application potential could increase your customer base. might be nice on a tricked out polished up gleam mobile to remote operate the engine viewing hatch

Yes indeed they could be used for that, once the problem of where to mount them under the hood had been overcome.

I neglected to say, they are approx 600mm (60cm) closed with an approx stroke of 400mm (40cm) so they open the back right up in the air. Mounting them is a piece of cake. Once they are fitted, the back of your truck is then secure and you won't need to lock it, however you may want to disable the tailgate handle and fit a simple solenoid to operate it instead. All sounds complicated, but it's not.

Also, I CAN post to Scotland, I missed out the part about next day delivery, For some reason they charge me more to send a parcel to Scotland and next day delivery is not guaranteed.

Finally, these will be listed on ebay at £90 at the weekend, so if anyone wants them, a tenner cheaper (£80) let me know.
Cheers.

Hornstar

#4 by Hornstar , Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 am

Here's a couple of pics.

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Hornstar

#5 by LezT , Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 pm

I'll have them mate, no need for the remote though as I have one or two lying around...
Message me a paypal addy and I'll be shoving it right over.. nedd to get back into some trick electrics..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#6 by Hornstar , Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:37 am

Ok LezT, nice one mate, will send PayPal addy right now.

Are your remotes two channel? The wiring is really quite easy or you can put them on a intermediate switch to swap the polarity, these have the limit switches built in, which means you can just flick a switch and you don't have the worry of burning the motors out if you forget to to switch them off
I am sure it won't be a problem for a man of your technical standing, but just to save any head scratching for you, here's an attached schematic for wiring the two channel remote.
I'll get them off to you today once I have your address & paypal wonga, will send by normal courier, as I am working funny hours today and missed the next day delivery slot for them to be picked up today and delivered tomorrow (sorry), but will print label late this afternoon & drop off at the courier collection point today.
Cheers & thanks LezTBild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

Hornstar

Last edited 06.19.2015 | Top

#7 by LezT , Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Pete, I have four or eight channel remote units and a few CDL kits lurking around, may even get to refit my Avanteguarde 4 one day... Wiring is just the same as for actuator locking...
Doing the dosh now mate..Pete if ya going to the national, just bring them along and I'll get them then save the postage mate..

K74 02 plate
Shoggy Sport 3.0 v6
2E0LEZ
Kenwood TS670.. Yaesu FT575GX.. YaesuFT8800D.....Yaesu FT897
Yaese FT101ZD......20M BitX3C TXRX
Kenwood Chef.....Goblin Teasmaid

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons”
FORUM MODERATOR...

LezT
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.01.2011

#8 by Hornstar , Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:48 am

Quote: LezT wrote in post #7
Pete, I have four or eight channel remote units and a few CDL kits lurking around, may even get to refit my Avanteguarde 4 one day... Wiring is just the same as for actuator locking...
Doing the dosh now mate..Pete if ya going to the national, just bring them along and I'll get them then save the postage mate..

Cool beans Lez, payment received,thank you so much.
I took a loss on these, but serves me right for not checking the wiring in the first place!
Am just pleased you will be able to use them mate. I did connect up one of them and kinda propped it into position, it opened and shutted my rear mountain top with no problem at all and I have the weight of my spare wheel as well.

Listen, I am more than happy to post these out to you? PM me your address. I will be going to the national meet, but it's not till August? Completely up to you, if you want them before the meet, I will post em up to ya, no problem.
Thanks again

Hornstar

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Sony remote and box thingy FREE!

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor