06 plate did electrical interior problems weird

#1 by gordy rs , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:45 pm

hi guys im new to forum this is my first post go easy lol.Im confused i just bought 06 plate elegance did.iv had l200 before also landrovers so im used to dealing with mechanical issues but need help with this freaky thing.The interior lights werent working when i got it the sat nav and radio werent worknig so i thought no problem just a power issue and some bulbs lol.when driving home noticed the speedo not working and the mileometer and central locking wasnt working as the key had seen better days.i was planning to get new key but i noticed even inside working central locking manually it wouldnt work.I got it home checked fuses and connections couldn,t see any problems other than dash when i removed it and took of the rear looked like some of the micro chips had melted so i put back together again.i drove down the road and the next thing the speedo started working the sat nav jumped into life radio on interior light and central locking working, yeha i thought, untill i stoped- turned off key started again and hey presto nothing again.I thought well at least i know everything works and its only one problem causing everything not to work.i started driving again and nothing till i hit a bump and evrything started working again till i killed power again.I have looked eveywhere but cant see issue i did notice that interior light and door light when working were pulsing so i thought it was an earth problem but im wondering if the dash works eveyrthing on this motor.Help would be really appreciated if anybody has had similar issues with one power supply.

gordy rs  
gordy rs
Date registered 07.09.2015

RE: 06 plate did electrical interior problems weird

#2 by 123hotchef , Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:47 pm

check the footwells for dampness mate they sometimes let water in and damp corroded connections cause problems like u describe,

check the plastic multi plugs and clean them with contact cleanner

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by krutly , Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:41 am

many of your spooky items (interior light/central locking/radio) use fuse number 20 (so I'm told) so might be worth checking it (even replacing it and cleaning the contacts) just to be on the safe side

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#4 by 123hotchef , Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 am

i think they alo use the same fuesable link under the hood 80amp or something

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef