RE: Zoidburg's engine rebuild

#26 by Zoidburg , Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:21 am

Well, the engine is finally back in and running

No leaks which is a massive plus but the 4x4 light flashed for a few journeys but has now stopped and the ABS light has come on two or three times.

I only drove this truck for a few miles before it failed, is it normal for this engine to vibrate quite a lot at idle?

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg
Date registered 09.11.2015

#27 by Mallinman , Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:41 am

Congrats mate. U pleased with the rebuild?? What's the condition of the engine rubbers. They cracked much?

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#28 by Zoidburg , Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:48 am

The two engine mounts look decent, haven't checked the gearbox mounts yet.

Thought I had a problem with them as I have a noise like something is touching the bulkhead or chassis but I think it is my new down pipe needing a tweek.

2005 Animal - Moonshine Black with Mitsi hard top, rebuilt engine, EGR & CAT removed.

Most problems can be repaired but will the end result be worth the effort and expense?

Zoidburg

#29 by Zoidburg , Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:50 am

Oh and yes I'm pleased so far but you always look at little noises and issues much more closely after doing a job like this.

Zoidburg

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Anyone running a Weber 32/36

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor