Here goes with my next drama

#1 by Moonshine runner , Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Right put anti freeze in my expansion tank last week ,cause it was quite empty. Engine overheated, will it be because I have caused an airlock ?????? left it at the house nearly 2 weeks , until tonight .Haven't had a chance until tomorrow to look at it ,so drove it to the yard only three miles , will I av knacked the engine ????????? think it might have spat the dipstick out ?????? Cause I lifted the lid before I abandoned it at the yard, fair bit of oil on the top of the engine. ]NOT GOOD !!!!! Hoping it is just an airlock well PRAYING .I have new thermostat . AND in the meantime I STILL don't have no anchors, and a soft left hand rear tyre,with no spare. Her words are so wringing in my ears . "What did you buy that for?" Mmmmmmmmm I hear myself thinking , what did I buy that for. Enjoyed the hill rally marshalling, would have enjoyed it even more if the beast had been there. Ninety nine percent of all the vehicles there were 4x4s and me in ma auld merc 250 . Did not look cool at all. Anyone want to buy an L200.

Moonshine runner
Date registered 09.07.2015

RE: Here goes with my next drama

#2 by Jon Grimsby , Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Mate take the emoticons out, it is just to difficult to read what you have said.

Jon Grimsby
Date registered 10.25.2014

#3 by Mallinman , Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:26 am

Only way it could spit the dipstick out is over pressure in the bottom half. Wouldn't have much to do with over heating issues. Unless uve proper overheated it and bust the head gasket or cracked the head letting gasses into the oil ways.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#4 by Moonshine runner , Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:24 am

On ma way to go and find out. I am dreading what am gonna find. Probably should have towed it to the yard!!!!!!!!!! Ma own fault!!!!!!!

Moonshine runner

#5 by 123hotchef , Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:31 am

a few people reported worn rubber seal on the dip stick this made a loose fit and the dip stick popped out worth changing the o ring

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#6 by krutly , Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:36 am

with the luck you're having I'd buy a box of matches

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#7 by Moonshine runner , Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Not good , not good . Engine started no probs filled rad left engine running, filling all the time . Temp stayed good loads of bubbles , caps off ofcourse, both rad and expansion. Temp seemed to stay good except for heater. wanted to see what it would be like under pressure.before I would try and bread the heater. So put rad cap back on went into garage 2 seconds and came back, engine had stalled and water pishing out at the water pump . Got ma answer. Ordered the pump went to pack up and engine would not start, sounds like starter is turning to fast. Jumped a tooth in the timing belt maybe ?????? No I ain't figurin that out myself , I am being advised. Does it sound right, it does to me but what do I know a get ma knickers in a twist wif just ma brakes.

Moonshine runner

#8 by Moonshine runner , Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:21 pm

Why is it as soon as you have a breakdown that means you have to leave a vehicle lying for a day or two , a TYRE always goes flat????

Moonshine runner

#9 by Yoda , Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #3
Only way it could spit the dipstick out is over pressure in the bottom half. Wouldn't have much to do with over heating issues. Unless uve proper overheated it and bust the head gasket or cracked the head letting gasses into the oil ways.

I believe it can work the other way though. An excess pressure issue can cause the head gasket to blow. At least that's the working theory with my truck. At any rate dipstick exploding out isn't good if your breather pipe is also clear.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#10 by spud , Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Quote: Moonshine runner wrote in post #7
Ordered the pump went to pack up and engine would not start, sounds like starter is turning to fast.

Sounds like you've killed it good n proper.

Think i'd be cancelling the pump order.

1992 Grey import K34 Strada.
Midlands based.

spud
Date registered 12.23.2014

#11 by bart , Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Why did u try and start it again after the water pump burst open ?

Starter may have been turning too fast because it has no compression left

bart  
bart
Date registered 02.01.2014

#12 by Moonshine runner , Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:59 pm

Needed to put it out of the garage Bart. Will have to see when the pump arrives, the guys here that tell me things are not very confidence boosting , so I just keep breaking and fixin for now.

Moonshine runner

#13 by Major Malfunction , Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:23 pm

To be honest lack of compression would lead to fast starter spinning, I would park it up and concentrate on giving your missus a great Christmas,and start fault finding after the new year. I don't think it's a quick fix and with its age as with most of us all the work we do on our trucks is really throwing money down the drain as it doesn't make the truck any more valuable. If money is short you need to take a deep breath and decide is it worth chucking money at it,if so do it carefully as it's very easy to run away with your wallet and keep chasing faults. I know it will look the part when running but also remember it's not a new truck it's about 15 yrs old and will always have a fault occurring it's part of the frustration of owning these trucks. Hope all goes well.

Area Rep for Midlands

04 Warrior blacK,EGR blanked & removed,,De cat,Extended shackles,Pro shocks,
Ironman torsion bars,Ironman shockers,Wind deflectors,New fuel tank,New sump
Wheel spacers,Snorkel,Side marker lights,K&N air filter.

Major Malfunction
Date registered 07.12.2014

#14 by jonnyboy54321 , Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:51 pm

May be worth trying to find a good running donor with a knackered body, or a crashed one, use as a donor, then sell on what you can.

2005 k77 2.8 warrior import automatic

jonnyboy54321  
jonnyboy54321
Date registered 09.10.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Diameter of manual gear leaver?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor