Turbo or head gasket problem? 2001 L200 cable throttle

#1 by BrendanL200 , Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi all, thanks for adding me. I've been looking at this group for information for months, and didn't understand why I hadn't joined already haha.

Anyway many months ago my truck 2001 Y reg went in for a it's MOT,at the same time I had the timing belt done, the secondary belt had snapped. Got it back and it was running great for a couple weeks! In fact seemed at its best!

And then...

Now it's always been a pain to start but never fails to start, best way I've found is give it 2-3 heats of glow plug and it'll wind over for approx ten seconds before firing up.

So the starter got changed, then glow plugs, then glowplugs relay, then the rail, then tested the whole lot again. No faults found, doesn't matter if truck is not or cold and weather doesn't matter either.

And then the whitey blue smoke that stings your eyes started.

I noticed a injector or the leak off rail was leaking diesel, so (long story cut short) all injectors got replaced with recons. New leak off rail, new lift pump, new stack pipes, new fuel pipe, and still smokes like good knows!

Now it lacks power forget trying to pull a trailer of wood.

I sent it back to garage to check timing hadn't jumped, that was fine, hes saying the turbo has gone. So today I've been messing about again, I put a different intercooler on, cleaned out all pipes, and tried it, to start with it seemed less smokey, the breather pipe doesn't chuck much oil out, but then for the first time in 2 years my rad and expansion bottle were in need of a huge top up! With the radiator cap off and engine running small blobs of white oil were coming up to surface.

And so that's where I am with this truck now. Some people saying is the fuel pump, others turbo, others head gasket haha but I feel I've spent to much on the wrong things and at a dead end.

I'm sorry for the life story of a L200 haha

Thanks to anyone if they get this far reading all this jibber
Brendan

BrendanL200  
BrendanL200
Date registered 09.01.2016

RE: Turbo or head gasket problem? 2001 L200 cable throttle

#2 by 123hotchef , Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:27 am

any eml on the truck?

sounds like the head may n re torquing

did any of the vac lines get mixed up when the head was changed? or was the CSS dammaged ?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

RE: Turbo or head gasket problem? 2001 L200 cable throttle

#3 by BrendanL200 , Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Hi, I've never taken the head off yet, no eml on, I was putting a camera at the back of the engine and looks like oil is leaking from between the head and block, well... There's that much oil it's hard to say, but it's defo around that part of the engine that it seems to form. I'll give it a tighten, see what happens, thanks

BrendanL200  
BrendanL200
Date registered 09.01.2016

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
How to mount a winch on a mk2

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor