Port Matching. Update.......

#1 by Yoda , Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Doing my port match today. It's going well so far. Most of the 'hard' work done. Used a Die Grinder as advised by Treeboa, I think it was. Honestly, it's done such a good job I won't even be using the honing tool I bought. Essentially it is all matched already. Just tidying up the edges and cleaning out the holes. Surprisingly there was no matching needed at all on the exhaust manifold. But I have taken a cone shaped stone to the inside to take off some ridges. Having a break now while it's raining - I'm using the back of the truck as a work bench - and back to it in a minute hopefully.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

RE: Port Matching. Update.......

#2 by treeboa , Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

what size hone is it mate ???

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by Yoda , Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:43 pm

50-180mm. But as rightly pointed out, the holes are actually oval and you aren't taking an even amount all the way round. All done now, ready for building back up at the weekend.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda

#4 by treeboa , Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:27 pm

shame not smaller, i would rather give the money to someone that has something they are not using than purchase from ebay or the likes, im after a 16mm and upwards for a quick job i have

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa
Date registered 10.02.2011

#5 by Yoda , Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Indeed. I can't see me needing it again, but I'll hold on to it as it doesn't suit you. You never know what I may want it for..................

Yoda

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
veg conversions ????

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor