2006 L200 Classic low tickover and turbo issues...

#1 by Craig ( Guest ) , Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:50 am

Hi,

I hope you can help me, I have a 2006(56) (Classic shape) L200 Animal, The engine idle seems very low at around 500 rpm and on tickover and the turbo is actuating itself constantly,

I originally had a problem with it not running properly and misfiring when slowing down or under load which was bringing on the EML and giving a boost pressure fault, I was advised that it was due to turbo overboost so the sensors were replaced (made no difference) then the top adjuster screw on the turbo was adjusted until the misfire disappeared at 3000 rpm,

It now runs ok but you can hear the turbo coming in and out all the time and on tickover the turbo arm is moving in and out by itself, and the tickover is low and everything vibrates,

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Craig.

Craig

RE: 2006 L200 Classic low tickover and turbo issues...

#2 by krutly , Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:13 pm

first thing to change on any classic with any kind of running issue is the fuel filter
it is surprising how often this can cure a fault

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by 4life-extreme , Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Check all the vac pipes are secure with no splits.

Did you buy it like it ?

Have you had any work done in the engine bay recently ?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#4 by Guest , Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Sorry didn't see any replies,

When I brought it, it ran ok at first then on way back home (long run) it started missing on slowing down and wouldn't run smoothly at say 30 mph, changed both boost sensors as diag said boost pressure fault (made no difference) checked timing as new engine had been fitted recently - all ok, gave it a full service and adjusted the screw on the turbo to stop the misfire at 3000 revs, now running ok ish but the turbo is in and out all the time??

#5 by Craig ( Guest ) , Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Fuel filter has been replaced

Craig

#6 by Craig ( Guest ) , Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:12 pm

I have removed the turbo actuator today as seems to be a common problem??, there was no apparent preload as people talk about, but then should there be as it seems to work opposite,

The arm on the turbo moves with no resistance whatsoever,

Does anyone know if it should suck or blow to actuate as it is in the fully extended position with no vacuum so I assume the vacuum sucks to actuate??

Craig

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 4D56 Crankshaft Sprocket Removal

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor