Injection pump alignment

#1 by Yoda , Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 am

Other than the normal alignment of the notches and arrows, is there any other installation procedure for the injection pump. Specifically regarding it's alignment to the engine? For example to make sure it fires in the right order for the engine?

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

RE: Injection pump alignment

#2 by GaryF , Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

This is another "How To" that needs doing. So if you do it Yoda, how about you doing one.

Electricity Is Just Organised Lightning

2002 4Life D/Cab
Blue/Silver,
S/Steel 'A' Bar, S/Steel Double Rear Bumper with Step, Alloy Side Steps & Tow Bar.
Tub: Checker Plated with S/Steel.
Truckman Canopy.

GaryF
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by treeboa , Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am

it cant fire in any other order bud, not unless you managed somehow to get the pipes to the injectors mixed up - and with those pipes you would have to seriously bend them, assuming your worrying about this because you have the belts off, get it set up, adjust the tensioners, when happy give the motor by hand three revolutions and then recheck the timing marks, after that the only thing you can tweak is the pump timing, for that you need a dti, an adaptor and it is checked via a bolt you remove from the center of the pipe cluster on the pump, the pump itself is held in place by four 12 mm spanner size bolts/nuts, to loosen them you need to use ideally a 3/8 drive socket and on two of them a couple of fairly long extensions.
Adjustment is by slackening the HP lines and IP mounting bolts and rotating the injection pump.
with a dial gauge standard timing is 1mm lift at 5 degrees, the timing mark for that is on the front casing. which is fine as long as your outer pully is still in line

while mines off if i remember im going to scribe through from the center of the pulley to the outer, this will do two things, give me a indicator that the outer is moving -delaminating, and also allow me to twiddle with the pump without having to drag the front down to find tdc on the crank

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa

#4 by Yoda , Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 am

Excellent. As I guessed it would be. not fiddling with the timing for the moment but the injection pump was rotated accidently after removal of timing belt. So just wanted to make sure if I align it that it would fire correctly. Gary, I haven't removed the pump itself. But it does seem fairly simple to do and now I know alignment isn't a problem.

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

#5 by treeboa , Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 am

funny you should mention that, with my recent thread in mind i have since novemberish had issues with the truck, now i was firmly convinced my pump was at fault, now mines down so i can see whats needed, the drive gear for the pump is in two parts, the center part will need removing, that fits on a taper shaft with a key, now heres the problem, its not solid and in fact is four arms around a central boss, you cannot remove the pump unless you have removed this part from it, for this you will need a puller, because of the four legs you will need to pull from the central boss as to pull from the arms would quite possibly bend or break them, so you will need a small two or four leg puller

05 warrior, veg converted, no cat, no egr, no silly steel bin air filter, blood red shackles and poly bushed, buggered

try 7 up - snow white did

treeboa

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Leaky Hardtop

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor