Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5TD Warrior 2003. I have a starting problem with my car

#1 by Indy ( Guest ) , Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5TD Warrior 2003. I have a starting problem with my car. I thought initially that it was a battery problem - for two years my car has done four miles to work and four miles back a day, with intermittent voyages in between and at weekends. I know this isn't enough for the engine. She failed her last MOT (November 2016) on bushes and a loose battery. (Could this have caused something, I wonder?) My locks, when I locked the car (with the key) would flick on and off and on and off a few times before finally closing the doors. I try to start it, and it now takes a progressively longer time to turn over before firing up the engine. Starter sounds good and the battery is at 12V on the dash screen. I think this should be a little more. I have changed glowplugs within the last month. This morning I tried to start it and got to the end of the street. I put my foot on the accelerator and it crept forward - there was no power at all. Then it idled, dropped below a 1000 revs and simply cut out. Thankfully, nothing was coming towards the junction I was emerging from. I started it again, after a good minute of starter trying to kick in the engine fired up again. I managed to get it back home by basically rolling backwards into my street. The power steering was working and I got back onto my drive. The same thing happened again. It idled, then dropped below 1000 revs and cut out. Does anyone have any pointers? I am thinking of changing the fuel, oil and air filters this weekend, and then following troubleshooting routes from there. Any help most gratefully received!

Indy

RE: Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5TD Warrior 2003. I have a starting problem with my car

#2 by Indy ( Guest ) , Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:12 pm

My email address is indy500@btinternet.com.

Indy

RE: Mitsubishi Shogun Sport 2.5TD Warrior 2003. I have a starting problem with my car

#3 by ronniecabers , Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Does it have any smoke from the exhaust?

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#4 by 123hotchef , Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 pm

any eml on? where you from?

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#5 by krutly , Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:28 am

volts on the dash should read 14v

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#6 by Alan G , Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:14 am

Could be egr valve jammed open so the fuel/ar mix isnt enough to run. Buy an egr blanking kit of ebay for about £10 & try that first before forking out more money. Get full membership aswell as its free & we have a how to in the workshop area on how to fit it.

Site Owner
Semper Fi

Owned a classic 2001 4 life with loads of mods. Sadly now dead after 11 uears abuse/ownership.

Alan G
Forum Legend
Date registered 09.30.2011

#7 by ronniecabers , Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:32 am

Quote: Alan G wrote in post #6
Could be egr valve jammed open so the fuel/ar mix isnt enough to run. Buy an egr blanking kit of ebay for about £10 & try that first before forking out more money. Get full membership aswell as its free & we have a how to in the workshop area on how to fit it.

Thats what it sounds like to me Alan , I had just this , was just trying to determine if he had a lot of black smoke lol!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Cost of road tax question 2009 L200

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor