2007 Animal transfer stick plastic sleeve broken

#1 by icklejop ( Guest ) , Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:27 am

Hello all, got a 2007 Animal and got stuck in 4wd the other day, took off the handbrake console to get at the transfer stick as I had read that loosening the three bolts for the transfer cover allowed you to pop it back in to 2wd. I took out the transfer stick and found that the plastic sleeve that sits around the top of the ball had broken and in fact fell apart on removal. I have been looking everywhere to try to buy a replacement but the Mitsubishi main dealer says that the part is not listed, has anybody had this issue before and would you happen to have a part number? It is a plastic sleeve about two inches in diameter with a flat retaining collar on the top with a pair of stopper wings moulded in to the top rim of the piece, it looks like its natural nylon to me. Tried a breakers yard but the three boxes we could find didn't have the same set up. It may be that I will need to buy a new gear box and transfer to solve this, all for the cost of a poxy piece of plastic, any help would be appreciated

icklejop

RE: 2007 Animal transfer stick plastic sleeve broken

#2 by 123hotchef , Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:39 am

go to a different mitsi garage that is complete rubbish they just could not be bother or could not read the diagrams

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Wiring aux lights, and bed lights, to new L200

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor