Loss of power

#1 by Adam new ( Guest ) , Thu May 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi I've got an 03 reg l200, when I start it up from cold it goes fine for about 5 minutes until it warms up and then loses power is if the turbo isn't working and the eml light comes in when warm and sat on idle any ideas ?

Adam new

RE: Loss of power

#2 by krutly , Thu May 25, 2017 7:27 pm

sounds like turbo over boost to me
get yourself signed up to the forum (it's free) there is a 'how to' of how to adjust your turbo to prevent this from happening
mine first did it 10 years ago and I went to local mitzy garage and they charged me half an hours labor to sort mine out (this was before this forum was born)
after a few years mine started doing it again but as it only happened maybe once or twice a year I didn't bother adjusting it again
usually only happened when my foot was flat on the floor
I just pull over turn ignition off for 60 seconds and restart and the eml light would go off and it would be fine again
if yours is doing it often then it will need adjusting I would have thought

link to how to when you're registered/upgraded --------> How to :- Adjust Turbo Overboost

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

Last edited 05.25.2017 | Top

RE: Loss of power

#3 by Guest , Thu May 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Hi krutly thanks for the advice, mine started doing it in a daul carriage way and its done it ever since, as soon as it gets warm that's it until the engine cools down again

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Dodgy cars on ebay

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor