shopping list

#1 by l200_Animal_Craig , Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:17 pm

hi guys
i have a few problems i could do with picking your brains about

i bought my truck around a year ago an 07 plate l200 animal di-d and when i first got it driving it back home i went just over 70 for it to cut out and go into limp mode and eml light on and i put this on topic then and got a egr cut off kit from foxy chris and worked a treat, but just the other day it has started again this time even when i just put my foot down pulling away it done it but mainly at high speeds so my question is do you think its the same problem or could it be different ??

and for my next trick the truck is very slow to start on a morning to the point of in the winter it actually drained my battery trying to get it to tick over and when it does a puff of smoke comes out but then its fine after that ?? any suggestions ?? or could this be related to above problem ??

and finally ive just been reading on here about a multi disc changer behind the seats and after a year of owning it just discovered i own a 10 disc one now the only problem is ive went to lock my back seats up and the back rests wont lock back into place this is the first time ive moved them so no idea is there a button or something i should be pulling to lock them back into place ?? im an idiot i know but you dont ask you dont get

thanks in advance craig

Mitsubishi l200 Animal DI-D Black and grey only just bought it so god knows what else !!

l200_Animal_Craig
Date registered 06.13.2016

RE: shopping list

#2 by Nick , Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:41 pm

Start by getting your battery tested, a truck wont run right if it has low voltage.
Test the alternator as well to check for good charging.
Then test the Glow plugs are working correctly or it wont start.

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 07.22.2017 | Top

#3 by krutly , Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:58 pm

cant help with your running issues but there should be a little tab thing you pull up next to the center rear headrest that lets you pull the seat forward, make sure it's not stuck in the 'up' position

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#4 by l200_Animal_Craig , Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:51 pm

thanks guys im busy trying to get a fault code for the limp mode fault but typically i used my little code reader to wipe the eml off with fault and now it wont bloody do it haha need to give truck a good punch to get it to cut out again as for the battery testing and glow plug testing is there any little tools or tricks i need to do this ?? ive fixed the seat problem turns out because its never been moved since i bought truck all the cabling just needed a little wd40 to release everything up so 1 down 2 to go haha on a different subject the 10 disc multi changer ive found behind seats will it only run off the standard headunit ?? as i have a kenwood one running at current ?? many thanks for replys fella's

Mitsubishi l200 Animal DI-D Black and grey only just bought it so god knows what else !!

l200_Animal_Craig
Date registered 06.13.2016

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
New Discs and Pads , recommendations please

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor