hardtop underframe for roof rack

#1 by janso , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Evening all!

While I'm waiting for my snorkel delivery it dawned on me that I'll have to put a new aerial in for the truck as the original will obviously get in the way... thoughts?

I digress, seriously drawn up plans to build storage into the tub to start fairly imminently. Im also planning to put a rack on top of the hardtop canopy (yes, Ive decided to put it back on, more practical than a sports canopy).

Whilst trying to plan down the line of common sense, I think a frame under the canopy would benefit the intended roof rack for weight - has anyone else done this to their classic??

This would obviously change the storage plans slightly if the frame needs to be bolted to the tub base as opposed to the edges.

Bit of a roundabout post, but Ive written as Ive thought!!

Hope it explains itself - thanks all, any advice would be a huge help before I start!!

L200 Warrior 55 plate
Powerboost
BFG 265/75R16 AT's
Snorkel
Aiming to become All Black!

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

janso  
janso
Date registered 03.16.2012

RE: hardtop underframe for roof rack

#2 by Greigboy , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Do you mean the aerial will be in the way of the snorkel????

Former owner of a 2003 L200 WARRIOR IN SILVER and a 2001 L200 ANIMAL IN RED/SILVER

Greigboy
Date registered 10.02.2011

#3 by janso , Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:23 pm

Having took a look through gallery pics, Ive realised that it wont get in the way!!

L200 Warrior 55 plate
Powerboost
BFG 265/75R16 AT's
Snorkel

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

janso  
janso

#4 by janso , Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:22 am

For any readers, it's a truckman canopy!

L200 Warrior 55 plate
Powerboost
BFG 265/75R16 AT's
Snorkel

janso  
janso

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Relay confusion

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor