RE: Yoda's build project.

#376 by 123hotchef , Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:37 pm

perfect for ur needs and the lump will well read shouls be tonnes more reliable than the standard lump

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#377 by Bushwhacker , Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:35 pm

Quote: Yoda wrote in post #367
Quote: Bushwhacker wrote in post #365
You're not going very far with your legwork then, belt kits and waterpumps can be bought from Eurocarparts.

I called Euro car parts today and they said they don't stock it Vince. I'm waiting on call back from Total Motor factors tomorrow. Online search yeilded only foreign sellers. I would like to know about your valley super charger bracket though @Bushwhacker. Was that a fabrication of your own?

Strange, I've had parts from them in the past.

Anyhoo, these guys stock them over here........
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/timing-b...v3623_g306.html

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/water-pu...3623_g1260.html

Get one of these as well...
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/engine-c...=1&KTypeNr=3623

The Spitronics will need to 'see' a good signal from it for your fuel MAPS.

The supercharger manifold is a Bullitt cars item from Australia. I do have a spare inlet assembly sitting on a shelf waiting for me to make my own 'charger manifold though.

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker
Date registered 04.01.2012

Last edited 09.08.2015 | Top

#378 by Yoda , Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:24 am

That sound like fun. Do you have any idea how much you will be selling your own manifolds for? @Bushwhacker

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda
Date registered 10.16.2011

Last edited 09.09.2015 | Top

#379 by Bushwhacker , Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Quote: Yoda wrote in post #378
That sound like fun. Do you have any idea how much you will be selling your own manifolds for? @Bushwhacker

No idea as yet, it's still in the R&D stages.

Any luck with those parts links?

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#380 by Mallinman , Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Quote: Bushwhacker wrote in post #363
Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #354
Has anyone ever run the 1uz-fe with out the ecu. Is there a conversion to run it off a distributer?? Or is that a no no and a stupid suggestion.
Apparently you can put a supercharger on that engine 2.

A 4bbl Holley, a Ford EDIS8 ignition, 4-6 wires to hookup, and you'll have a running engine.

That's my cuppa t. I don't like ECUs. I like reliability with minimum electrics.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#381 by Yoda , Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Quote: Bushwhacker wrote in post #379
Quote: Yoda wrote in post #378

No idea as yet, it's still in the R&D stages.

Any luck with those parts links?

Yes thank you. Good price for the belt. I've seen the pump cheaper though. Also Total motor factors called me back and they DO stock the kit. But they said the pump is obsolete. Go figure. Let me know when you've got a production manifold ready.

Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #380
Quote: Bushwhacker wrote in post #363
Quote: Mallinman wrote in post #354
Has anyone ever run the 1uz-fe with out the ecu. Is there a conversion to run it off a distributer?? Or is that a no no and a stupid suggestion.
Apparently you can put a supercharger on that engine 2.

A 4bbl Holley, a Ford EDIS8 ignition, 4-6 wires to hookup, and you'll have a running engine.

That's my cuppa t. I don't like ECUs. I like reliability with minimum electrics.

You gonna do it?😁

"LS200" - 1UZ V8, auto tiptronic, super select, Upol Raptor paint. Bigger, faster, louder, brighter.

Yoda

#382 by Bushwhacker , Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Quote: Yoda wrote in post #381

That's my cuppa t. I don't like ECUs. I like reliability with minimum electrics. [/quote]

You gonna do it?😁[/quote]

Nope, a lower manifold will need to be fabricated plus the engine will be drinking a lot more fuel with a 4 barrel carb. Mappable ECUs are the way to go. Done a couple of the Spitronics ECUs now including the TCU and I'm liking them a lot!

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#383 by Yoda , Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Sorry I was talking to Maliman there when I asked if he was going to do it. Interesting thing about the Spit-Tronics ECU. Does it not solve the issue of the VVTi engine? Everyone avoided them from my understanding because they get complicated electronically with not using the 5speed box on conversions, right? Seems like that would be solved with the Spit tronics. And further on the same thought pattern, what about the 3UZ? Am I right in what I've read that the 3UZ is the same bolt pattern for the box?

Yoda

#384 by Bushwhacker , Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:14 pm

VVTi electronics are no more difficult that the non VVTi as long as you have the chipped ignition key and the matching transponder/key reader.
I'm almost finished doing a 1UZ-VVTi/Supercharged/manual gearbox/Spitronics controlled Surf here at the moment. I've deleted the drive-by-wire throttle control and modified it to use a normal throttle cable.

There is an adapter avialable for the VVTi's 5 speed auto but it's big spendy! I've got a 5 speed auto 'box here that I'm going to look at making my own transfer case adapter for when time allows.
3UZ engines are torque monsters, but they are very heavy, iron blocks with alloy heads. Found in the Landcruiser Amazon over here. Same bolt pattern/bellhousings as the 1UZ.

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#385 by Yoda , Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:37 pm

That Surf sounds nice😎 Is that Stormforce's?

Yeah Andy at Race-Systems told me the Spit-Tronics unit was capable of running a VVTi engine if I ever wanted to "upgrade." He said I just had to order an additional plug or something from him. I almost had one too but I had a bad feeling about the vendor so decided against. It's cool that it's 300bhp out of the box. I have read some comments that people prefer the pr95. 1UZ for big power because of its stronger rods and pistons. Though I doubt that will matter to me as I don't see me going that big. I think.

It's cool that the 1UZ in all variants and the 3UZ have the same bolt pattern. I wonder whether the VVTi and 3UZ will become more popular for projects instead of the dominant pre97 1UZ.

Yoda

#386 by Bushwhacker , Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:03 pm

No it's not Stormforce's.

Spitronics have moved on with their ECUs now, I think the latest one is the Murcury? I have two ECUs (Venus) for the VVTi V8, one to control ignition (spark control) and the other controls the fuelling.

The last Spitronics ECU/TCU/1UZ truck I did was a bit of an animal, easily spin the rear wheels on a dry roads. I programmed two shift patterns into the TCU, one for normal driving the other for acceleration.

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#387 by Mallinman , Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:55 pm

Love the fluorescent yellow colour @Bushwhacker .
@Yoda next year when I get a new truck as a daily driver then I can play with this one. Even tho the lexus v8 is a proven swap I would love a Diesel v8!! I just love derv.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#388 by Yoda , Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:54 am

I'm Kind of with you there Mailiman. I've always had a love for diesel power as well as V8's. I always said if there was a diesel V8 that would go in as 'easily' as the 1UZ then I would done it instead. It's the gearbox compatibility that makes the 1UZ the 'right' engine to do a conversion with. The only diesel option I could think of that should go in just as easily is the 4M41, 3.2. Hell of an engine. Just not a V8. Actually having a V8 again won out for me. But no shame on anyone who does a 4M41 swap. I've even seen one with twin turbos. Tuning would be harder as there aren't any off the shelf parts for it. So circa 300bhp would need bespoke solutions. But the engine can take it. I think they are in the region of 200bhp out of the box anyway?

Yoda

#389 by Yoda , Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:58 am

Quote: Bushwhacker wrote in post #386
No it's not Stormforce's.

Spitronics have moved on with their ECUs now, I think the latest one is the Murcury? I have two ECUs (Venus) for the VVTi V8, one to control ignition (spark control) and the other controls the fuelling.

The last Spitronics ECU/TCU/1UZ truck I did was a bit of an animal, easily spin the rear wheels on a dry roads. I programmed two shift patterns into the TCU, one for normal driving the other for acceleration.

Where's the charger?

Yeah I think it's the Mercury I'm getting. That rings a bell. I never realised you could program more aggressive shift patterns too!😎

Yoda

#390 by Bushwhacker , Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:36 am

Yep, you can even have launch control!
The TCU kit came with two momentary push button switches (one red and the other black) which I mounted in the dash next to the centre air vents. These buttons allowed 'tiptronic' control of the auto 'box, press one button for upshifts the other for downshifts. Press and hold one of the buttons for three seconds to change to normal or agressive automatic shift patterns.

Found this video earlier that shows the V8 running on the Spitronics supplied base map/program, which cannot be erased so it's always there to revert back to. (Sounds better through headphones...)
http://s8.photobucket.com/user/toyosurfer/media/GEDC1319_zpsf0644836.mp4.html

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#391 by Bushwhacker , Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#392 by Yoda , Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:58 pm

They both worried for me. Me likey 😎 I think they sound better than an LS1 actually.

Yoda

Last edited 09.12.2015 | Top

#393 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:48 pm

As per other thread now going with box from a 3.5GDI Paj. In every way will be better suited to a big truck and a big engine. Also tiptronic

Yoda

#394 by Bushwhacker , Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:14 pm

Why aren't you using the Lexus 'box?

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#395 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:55 pm

Ratios. That's it really. The Lexus is a big cruiser. The Paj is a big SUV. The ratios are going to suit the L200 better? Or disagree?

Edit: To be fair they will have both boxes. I've got the 3.5 box on a loan basis. If I use it I pay for it. If not it doesn't cost me anything. No doubt putting a transfer case onto a Lexus box is the easier approach. So it is there as an option. But this truck actually works for a living. So I don't want to gear it up too much. But at the same time I do want it to cruise nicely on the motorway. The Paj box would seem the best compromise. James also wasn't certain that the Lexus box would take a Mitsi transfer case. I've tried to find proof of this for him but haven't been successful. Most Mitsi conversions seem to have been done using the subject vehicle's original box. Hence why I now know what Mitsi boxes will take the Lexus bell housing.

Yoda

Last edited 09.16.2015 | Top

#396 by Bushwhacker , Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:07 pm

The Lexus ratios are perfect for vehicles like the L200 and Hilux Surf etc. you get the best of both, acceleration and cruising.
I've done thirteen conversions using the Lexus auto 'box and none of my customers have said anything unfavourable about the gearbox ratios, all are happy with the way it performs on the road and motorways.
You seem to be making the whole conversion process more complicated than it needs to be, and you're not taking into account the final drive ratios of the rear axle. Any electrically shifting auto 'box can be made to shift TipTronically (is that even a word?) Don't believe everything you read on the web regarding bhp/torque/mpg figures either, it's all relative. None of them say anything about other mods they have carried out such as bigger tyres for example.

Keep on truckin'!

Bushwhacker  
Bushwhacker

#397 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Fair comments. Not trying to argue. Just trying to do all my due diligence. I wasn't aware you had used the Lexus box. I was under the impression that you had done the swaps using the Hilux bell housing conversion kits. And if I might be so bold, I'm still lacking proof that the Lexus box will take the Mitsi transfer case. I've always been one to cover my arse.

Yoda

#398 by 123hotchef , Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 pm

this project sounds wicked and sounds like bushwhacker knows his stuff too so u might get some extra help Luke

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#399 by Yoda , Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:33 pm

It was Vince that I originally tried to contact to do it. But unbeknownst to me he had computer / Internet problems right at the same time that I was trying to contact him to give him the go ahead. I couldn't contact him and ended up seeking someone else. By the time Vince got my email and pm I had already booked wth Sunderland and couldn't turn back from it all that easily. It was a big shame but a firm booking is a firm booking and I've never been one to mess people around.

Vince has probably done more of these conversions than anyone else in this country. I would have been happy letting him do mine.

Yoda

Last edited 09.16.2015 | Top

#400 by 123hotchef , Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:36 pm

ah crap didnt know that mate,

where is Mr B from then u never know one of us read me may need to do the same if our lump goes tits up

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Home made chimnea

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor