p0192 fault code - jusy changed 2 leaking injector pipes

#1 by DaveM3 , Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi Guys,

Hope someone can shed some light. I have a l200 ANIMAL Pram shape with a ralliart power upgrade. I had an previous issue that if left idling for a few minutes it would go into limp mode with the EML coming on and the ASC and traction lights coming on. If you switched off and restarted then would run fine, but the eml would stay on for a few days and then go off.

Moving on, I recently had to change my starter motor as I had an injector pipe leak which killed it off. No proplem a replacement was found and changed and all was fine. Decided yesterday to attend to the diesel leak and chane the to rear injector pipes which were leaking to prevent the same thing hapening to the new starter motor again.

In order to change the leaking pipes, ( fuel rail ) i had to remove the inlet manifold. replaced the pipes and this morning re assembled everything. Started the engines ran a bit rough of a few seconds and then went into limp mode. Read to codes and is coming up with P0192. I cleared the code although the EML light stayed on and restarted with the accelerator held down, engine ran smoothly at 3K and let it run for about 5 minutes and wathed it come up to tempreture came up and sat at normal level. Let the revs die and the engine went into limp mode with the ASC and traction lights coming on. Read the code again and P0192 has come up again.

When engine is running sounds fine and starts on the button, but just the hiccup with the fault code.

Any body have any ideas or expirenced anything similar, or where would be the best place to start.

Many Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave

DaveM3  
DaveM3
Date registered 08.10.2014

RE: p0192 fault code - jusy changed 2 leaking injector pipes

#2 by DaveM3 , Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Quick update. I have unplugged the ralliart power upgrade and reconnected the orginal wiring and now runs sweet as a dream. Clecked and no fault codes registering. Whilst I`m happy its now running right, am now dissapointed as when towing not going to have the additional power, so is something to check out.

I suppose the first place to start will be to check the wiring loom harness for the ralli art as I did have to move the wiring around a bit to remove the intake.

Anybody have a wiring diagram for the ralliart power upgrade, so can check against.

Reagrds,

Dave

DaveM3  
DaveM3

#3 by bluesj , Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm

p0192 is the fuel pressure sensor circuit low
first off id check the wiring.
once the code is cleared does it com back right away?
http://www.silent-cities.com/L200forum/P...07/index_M2.htm Thank Lez for the manual

2006 L200 Elegance (love it)
2010 warrior (on the way)
Triumph TR7 fhc (New engine fitted)

bluesj
Date registered 12.22.2012

#4 by DaveM3 , Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:31 pm

The fault code would come straight back on even before restarting. The moment the ignition was switched on it was there.

Having taken the ralliart off, I will work through the wiring harnes and check for any wiring faults.

Cheers,

Dave

DaveM3  
DaveM3

#5 by DaveM3 , Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Well sat down and had a logical think about all that had gone on, and the fault I was expirincing and after removing the ralliart, that all was well although not its usual reponsive grunt. The logic was that the engine and sensors were all OK, now it was running with no fault codes, so must be something electrical / wiring. So I decided to do a continunity check on the ralliart wiring loom and found a broken wire near the plug that goes to the inlet manifold pressure sensor. I re soldered this and checked the rest of the loom which all proved to be Ok.

I then re installed the ralliart making sure all the connections were cleaned with contact cleaner, and started it up. Ran like a dream with no codes, with its usual grunt back.

Am well chuffed, and for all my pains am a little wiser how the ralliart works and the electrics of my L200.

Result.

Cheers,

Dave

DaveM3  
DaveM3

#6 by Mallinman , Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:48 pm

Good to see you got it sorted.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#7 by ronniecabers , Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:18 am

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#8 by Lemmy , Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:13 am

You're not the first to experience hassle with the upgrade.

Lemmy  
Lemmy
Date registered 02.13.2014

#9 by krutly , Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:17 am

@marf is usually the man to speak to about repairing a faulty upgrade chip I believe

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#10 by ronniecabers , Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Quote: krutly wrote in post #9
@marf is usually the man to speak to about repairing a faulty upgrade chip I believe

@krutly think DaveM3 repaired it ..........

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#11 by marf , Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:18 pm

cheers @krutly

yes i can repair the looms but unfortunately the module themselves are resin covered, ive yet to have the time to strip my test on to pieces to see what chips are installed. however a proper remap is always more reliable ;)

Jez
Auto Electrician
Prevention is better than cure!

L200 New shape

jvautomotive.co.uk

marf
Date registered 11.22.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Head Problems

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor