@Coleman
@peteturbo
@Mikefromderby
@Blurb
@iDENTITi
@dean_talbot
@Warrior Princess
@Swainy4

Please tell us a little about yourself and where abouts your are from.

If you wish to see more of the site , maybe The How to section of jobs members have carried out or maybe the online manuals then please upgrade your membership. It is completely free and all we ask is that you Private Message Admin your name, address and postcode ( look for the box marked ' Private Messages ' in the top light blue banner, about a third of the way across). we only ask you to do this as it discourages ' spammers ' and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will never be used for anything else and never passed to anyone else.

Please Note : On average your upgrade should take up to 48 hrs but there are times when it may take longer, please be patient but Admin does it in their spare time

If you have any pressing questions then please ask in the ' Ask Admin /Moderators ' section. Most of the upgraded members have access to this section. We do ask , when posting , that you can supply some basic information about your truck to enable a more focused answer. If you are unsure of which series/mark of L200 you have please follow this link Identifying your ' Series ' of L200
If we could also just ask you to stick a pin in our map for an approx location then our regional reps, when organising events , will be able to contact people within their areas
Adding yourself to the forum Map

Could just let us know where you heard about the L200Forum from please that would be great.
How did you find the L200Forum?
Many Thanks

ronniecabers

and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 25-3-18 - Welcome to 8 new members

#2 by krutly , Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Coleman
peteturbo
Mikefromderby
Blurb
iDENTITi
dean_talbot
Warrior Princess
Swainy4
welcome aboard everyone

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by peteturbo , Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:31 am

Hi, thanks for the welcome,
I'm down South, near Winchester. Just bought a 5 year old, 47k miles dark grey Barbarian. Loving her to death; insane fun in the snow. Just wish it had heated seats - once you've had them you cant live without them.
The L200 is intended to be a 'can do anything' workhorse, so the wife can indulge in the TVR that arrived at the same time - 4.5L Chimaera, so we have the best of both world's.
I hope to do limited off roading in it - accidentally green laned it last week, that was entertaining, it is in a completely different league from my Range Rover Evoque.
And it will get to play in the Alps three times a year, in fact we are off there on Wednesday, although during the ski season it will live in the garage, its during the summer it can go and chase the locals in the mountains.
All the best,

Peteturbo

peteturbo  
peteturbo
Date registered 03.22.2018

#4 by George , Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#5 by Mikefromderby , Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi there,
As the name suggests I live near Derby. I have just bought a 2015 Double Cab Warrior to replace my company BMW X3. Plan is to do all my own maintenance once retired so will need all the help I can get!
Already very confused as to whether an older model canopy top will fit or not but I am sure I will work it out eventually

Mikefromderby  
Mikefromderby

#6 by ronniecabers , Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Hi Mike , Do you knowwhat year truck the canopy comes from?

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#7 by Mikefromderby , Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:37 pm

There was one from a 2007 truck. Would that fit do you think?
Thanks
Mike

Mikefromderby  
Mikefromderby

#8 by ronniecabers , Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:59 pm

If yours is a ' Long Bed ' , which I think it is ( @Nick is a Warrior a Long Bed ) , then no , it won't fit as a 2007 will be the short bed

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#9 by 4life-extreme , Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:21 pm

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#10 by Nick , Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #8
If yours is a ' Long Bed ' , which I think it is ( @Nick is a Warrior a Long Bed ) , then no , it won't fit as a 2007 will be the short bed

2015 Warrior will be a Long Bed
2007 will be Standard Bed

2017 Ford Kuga AWD 180 Titanium X.
2018 Abarth 595 - Now Sold.
2013 Grey Barbarian - Now Sold
2006 Black Warrior (New Shape) - Now Sold
2005 Black Warrior (Classic) - Now Sold
Stoke On Trent

Nick
Date registered 10.02.2011

Last edited 03.26.2018 | Top

#11 by Swainy4 , Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 am

Hi

Ive just bought a 2002 4life which is turning into a bit of a nightmare

After picking it up in Hertfordshire where its stood for a year it went into limp after 75 miles managed to get it back to liverpool

The issues im having are

Rev counter not working
In the mornings it starts ok but after a mile looses power then cuts out a few times then seems ok
And Struggles for power in higher gears forcing me to drop down to 3rd and rev the arse off it

Looked under the bonnetlast night the egr has been blanked
The line from the top of the throttle body has been blanked if you put it back on it has no power at all
Engine management light is on
Fuel filter light is on but already checked the filter its brand new and has no water in it
4x4 light flashes intermittently

Any advice where to start i would be very grateful

Swainy4  
Swainy4
Date registered 03.24.2018

#12 by krutly , Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:44 am

Hello mate

not uncommon for a flashing 4x4 light, usually an issue with vacuum being lost somewhere in the system
engine management light and loss of power is more often than not overboost
there is a how to on here of how to adjust the min and max settings of the turbo to cure this
usually pulling over and turning the ignition off for 60 seconds will reset the engine management light if it's overboost
if it's been sat for a while you may find that the fuel filter light may be on due to condensation in the filter
unplug the wires at the bottom of it, unscrew/bleed the little white bit then put back together , pump the primer till it goes hard and see if that cures it
usually the advice is to change the fuel filter even if it's been done recently as these trucks are quite sensitive to having their filter changed
blanked egr is quite normal on these trucks , nothing to be worried about there
cant help you with the rev counter ...... @123hotchef have you got any ideas ? didn't yours stop working a while back ?

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#13 by 123hotchef , Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:55 am

My rev counter has never worked!

I would suggest getting it pluged in to a diagnostic machine first before you start wasting time

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#14 by Swainy4 , Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:14 am

Ahh thank you ill check the turno tonight i think the sensor may have gone on the fuel filter found one on ebay for £10 so ill just order one and a new filter and see if that helps and get it plugged into diagnostics see what codes it throws up

Swainy4  
Swainy4

#15 by dean_talbot , Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:08 pm

Quote: krutly wrote in post #2

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've joined several forums in my time, and this is the first one on which I've been welcomed before I posted! Cheers chaps!

I'm southwest also. I have a 9 yr old L200, bought ex-demo from < 1000m! It's been so reliable, and it's the longest I've ever held onto a car, by a long way, and I plan on it outlasting me. In 9 years, all it's needed is the EGR valve flushing - nothing else! I'm not an offroader, but in that time it's taken me safely through knee high snow and water several times (including navigating the heavy snows in Devon a couple of weeks ago, which actually were not the worst it's ever done) and I cannot imagine ever getting rid of it now.

That said there are a couple of niggles now, and I do have a couple of questions. I was planning to do some searching through the forum for answers before I bother people. As you guys seem so friendly however, it would be very helpful if you would point me in the right direction for the following issues please. If you could point me to any advice threads on:

Waterproofing the hardtop seal - not strictly a truck issue, but nevertheless an issue;

Remote key doesn't work after changing the battery (also not a "truck" issue!);

Finally, before I joined I was looking for advice on how to fit a reversing camera/screen. I found a thread written by someone who'd done one, and later in the thread, after some persuasion, the OP said he'd created a "how to" thread, but I couldn't find the thread. I sort of know how to go about this, but the point it needs to go seems to be:
a) in front of the spare wheel release access hole;
b) likely to be compromised by the edge of the tailgate when you drop it down.
In fact, I can probably get my head round how to, it's where to that seems to be the problem. The camera is one of those "watchstrap" shape types.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and if someone could point me to the above I'd be very grateful.

Cheers chaps

Dean

dean_talbot  
dean_talbot

#16 by 4life-extreme , Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Quote: peteturbo wrote in post #3
Hi, thanks for the welcome,
I'm down South, near Winchester. Just bought a 5 year old, 47k miles dark grey Barbarian. Loving her to death; insane fun in the snow. Just wish it had heated seats - once you've had them you cant live without them.
The L200 is intended to be a 'can do anything' workhorse, so the wife can indulge in the TVR that arrived at the same time - 4.5L Chimaera, so we have the best of both world's.
I hope to do limited off roading in it - accidentally green laned it last week, that was entertaining, it is in a completely different league from my Range Rover Evoque.
And it will get to play in the Alps three times a year, in fact we are off there on Wednesday, although during the ski season it will live in the garage, its during the summer it can go and chase the locals in the mountains.
All the best,

Peteturbo

Hi Peteturbo I`m your area rep any info you need just ask away, a wealth of knowledge on here @peteturbo

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

#17 by krutly , Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 am

Hi @dean_talbot

where abouts are you in sunny Devon bud ?

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#18 by dean_talbot , Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:13 am

Hi mate. Not in Devon. I live just outside Gloucester. I do a lot of driving in the course of my work and some of that takes me down to Devon. I was visiting clients just outside Honiton a couple of weeks ago, and the snow there was the worst I had seen in the south this year.

dean_talbot  
dean_talbot

#19 by ronniecabers , Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am

Quote: dean_talbot wrote in post #15

Waterproofing the hardtop seal - not strictly a truck issue, but nevertheless an issue;You can get new neoprene foam gaskets to go between the canopy and truck bed, pretty commonly available on Ebay, if you aren't thinking of removing the canopy you could just seal it down with silicone....

Remote key doesn't work after changing the battery (also not a "truck" issue!);Depends on the make as to what the issue could be, may need reprogramming

Finally, before I joined I was looking for advice on how to fit a reversing camera/screen. I found a thread written by someone who'd done one, and later in the thread, after some persuasion, the OP said he'd created a "how to" thread, but I couldn't find the thread. I sort of know how to go about this, but the point it needs to go seems to be:
a) in front of the spare wheel release access hole; A fair few have stuck the camera there , above the number plate below the hole
b) likely to be compromised by the edge of the tailgate when you drop it down. only when you drop it down fully, if its been released and still has its ' stays ' attached then it should be fine

@dean_talbot

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#20 by dean_talbot , Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks for the reply, Ronnie. I'll do some hunting for more detail on the key.

Cheers.

Dean

dean_talbot  
dean_talbot

#21 by Mikefromderby , Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Ive just fitted the following reversing camera
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Camera sits happily in the middle of the numberplate, wires feed into the rear light fitting where i have stuck the wireless transmitter.
Slight delay between selecting reverse and screen coming on plus the suction cap on the display screen is not great but overall I am very happy
Mike

Mikefromderby  
Mikefromderby

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
18-3-18 Welcome to 6 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor