l200 will not start

#1 by osullivant ( Guest ) , Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Hi, I have an 2003 Animal with about 60.000mls on it. I have rebuilt the engine a few years ago and am reasonably familiar with the car.

It has not been uses for 3 years or so but was moved around the garden and used for shunting trailers etc and always started fairly easily once there was a bit of life in the battery.

A few months ago I tried to start it and it refused, Yesterday I tried again and no good.

Plenty of fuel getting to the high pressure pump but none passing out of it.
the pump is the electronic type but not a common rail engine, I am presuming there is a stop /start solenoid on it that would be used by am immobiliser.

I suspect the solenoid is stopping fuel flow either because it is stuck or because there was an old alarm on the van that I never used and never found but if it was buried behind a wheel well and has now rotted, It may be that the supply to the pump is cut.

has anyone a suggestion on what wire on the pump should have a feed to open the solenoid, or any other advice.

osullivant

RE: l200 will not start

#2 by 123hotchef , Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 pm

the start stop solenoid is the one on top single wire

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#3 by osullivant ( Guest ) , Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:14 pm

thanks , I'll havre a look tomorrow, presume I can just jump 12v to this and it should open/click....

osullivant

#4 by Guest , Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 pm

got it started, turned out to be bad connection on starter,,, no feed to heater plug relay,,, engine sounds lovely, pulled the trailer out of the bushes

but bad news see my next post, oil in coolant....

oil in coolant
Mpg

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor