@drum
@Chasv8
@donnylad
@J04nse
@gingerdog
@Stevo
@Anew
@CharlieEllery21072

Please tell us a little about yourself and where abouts your are from.

If you wish to see more of the site , maybe The How to section of jobs members have carried out or maybe the online manuals then please upgrade your membership. It is completely free and all we ask is that you Private Message Admin your name, address and postcode ( look for the box marked ' Private Messages ' in the top light blue banner, about a third of the way across). we only ask you to do this as it discourages ' spammers ' and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will never be used for anything else and never passed to anyone else.

Please Note : On average your upgrade should take up to 48 hrs but there are times when it may take longer, please be patient but Admin does it in their spare time

If you have any pressing questions then please ask in the ' Ask Admin /Moderators ' section. Most of the upgraded members have access to this section. We do ask , when posting , that you can supply some basic information about your truck to enable a more focused answer. If you are unsure of which series/mark of L200 you have please follow this link Identifying your ' Series ' of L200
If we could also just ask you to stick a pin in our map for an approx location then our regional reps, when organising events , will be able to contact people within their areas
Adding yourself to the forum Map

Could just let us know where you heard about the L200Forum from please that would be great.
How did you find the L200Forum?
Many Thanks

ronniecabers

and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 31-7-18 Welcome to 8 new members

#2 by krutly , Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:28 am

drum
Chasv8
donnylad
J04nse
gingerdog
Stevo
Anew
CharlieEllery21072

welcome aboard everyone

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by AD , Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 am

Welcome people enjoy the forum.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#4 by George , Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:54 am

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#5 by CharlieEllery21072 , Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Afternoon all.

Thanks very much indeed for the welcome to the group.

I'm a technician and presenter for British Forces Broadcasting Service, based on RAF Mount Pleasant, in the Falkland Islands since August 3rd 2017, so it's a few days away from my first year down here. I start presenting on the 18th August doing the Saturday Breakfast show. We're GMT-3 down here so you're four hours ahead of us for now.

We have three Mitsubishi vehicles down here for use by the Station Manager (Shogun SG2 3.2 H or M can't read the writing in the service book....LOL!) Presenters (Black L200 Trojan single cab Pick up Series 4 2.5 Turbo Diesel), and 2 x Technicians (L200 Trojan Red Pick up double cab with hard top Series 4 2.5 Turbo Diesel)

I found the group as I was looking for some advice on a fault we seem to have on the Black L200, but it seems like it's a known fault with no remedy. The alarm sounds even if you unlock the doors using the buttons on the key. We changed the battery and that didn't help. Then we noticed it happened to two different presenters using the same vehicle but it happened on both occasions when it was extremely cold down here. We've just had snow yesterday, which was one occasion, and then a couple of months ago we had a severe dump of snow, a good foot in places.

You may be aware that the Falklands was a haven for Land Rovers of all types, particularly Defenders, but you'll be pleased to know the only other import of any note is Mitsubishi and there are a large proportion of L200's and Shoguns out here now as people looked for a vehicle with as much staying power as a Rover but with the added comforts the Mitsubishi's can bring, so there is a rich seam of L200 and other model owners down here. I imagine there are other members from the Islands on here already?

There are two garages, Falklands 4 x 4, who mainly look after all the Land Rovers, and Stanley Services, who mainly look after all the Mitsubishi cars.

The only modifications I want to make at the moment are to add a roof rack to be able to strap my surfboard to it and head off to some of the amazing beaches down here to practice my surfing, (I'm not very good, but I'm making the most of my time down here) and I want to attach a couple of LED light bars to the rack too to light up the road much more than I can with constantly mud covered headlights; the sheep tend to run into the road so if they're clearly lit in the fields either side of the road they're less likely to get hit, as they often do (not by me yet but I'm trying to keep an unblemished record....)

Anyway, that's enough from me for now. I'm off to find the Admin to email them about upgrading my membership. :-)

Have a good day all

Charlie

CharlieEllery21072  
CharlieEllery21072
Date registered 07.29.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
26-7-18 Welcome to 2 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor