Entertainment / GPS system swap out - 2008 Diamond

#1 by Gary_Cairns , Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey guys. Had my L200 for a month or two now and loving it. The only thing I wasn't loving was that the GPS system didn't want to work for me. After a bit of tinkering, I realised that it was the DVD player under the passenger seat that didn't want to read the discs. I looked into replacing just the unit but they were just crazy expensive (£2400 if you went brand new!?).

Looked at my options and decided to go with a double din android based setup from Pumpkin. Specifically this one here,

https://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/android-ca...h-gps-navi.html

I have just finished fitting it, fired it up and I'm absolutely blown away by what this thing can do for the cash. It's a full android system so everything from google maps through to making phone calls and reversing cameras are options with it. I've fitted my OBD blue tooth reader as it comes with the torque app so the car can self diagnose engine codes. Haven't tried but I can't see any reason you couldn't sit and play angry birds if you were so inclined.

Took me a couple hours to fit it and hide the various antenna behind the dash. Not sure if anyone would be interested in a quick how to fit it?

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Only things I've still to do, it doesn't quite sit at the right angle so I suspect that something behind it is interfering. Maybe a bit of plastic needing cut with the dremel. And I need to find something to put in the single din hole underneath that had the CD player in it. I'm thinking I might just go simple and put a shelf in there.

2008 L200 Diamond in electric blue

Gary_Cairns  
Gary_Cairns
Date registered 08.16.2018

RE: Entertainment / GPS system swap out - 2008 Diamond

#2 by Tek76 , Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Nice. There are a few options out there, still under a tenner for drawer fits or extra cupholders.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Shadow Warrior Build

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor