@Sean
@itsthejay
@danimal
@Nickyl200
@Smacke1
@omwtuning
@andrew_88
@Kirk1pac

Please tell us a little about yourself and where abouts your are from.

If you wish to see more of the site , maybe The How to section of jobs members have carried out or maybe the online manuals then please upgrade your membership. It is completely free and all we ask is that you Private Message Admin your name and a little message along the lines of ' Please upgrade me ' ( look for the box marked ' Private Messages ' in the top light blue banner, about a third of the way across). we only ask you to do this as it discourages ' spammers ' and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will never be used for anything else and never passed to anyone else.

Please Note : On average your upgrade should take up to 48 hrs but there are times when it may take longer, please be patient but Admin does it in their spare time

If you have any pressing questions then please ask in the ' Ask Admin /Moderators ' section. Most of the members have access to this section.
We do ask , when posting , that you can supply some basic information about your truck ( such as year of manufacture and series/mark ) to enable a more focused answer.
If you are unsure of which series/mark of L200 you have please follow this link Identifying your ' Series ' of L200

If we could also just ask you to stick a pin in our map for an approx location then our regional reps, when organising events , will be able to contact people within their areas
Adding yourself to the forum Map

Could just let us know where you heard about the L200Forum from please that would be great.
How did you find the L200Forum?

Many Thanks

ronniecabers

and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 10-12-18 Welcome to 12 new members

#2 by krutly , Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:05 am

Chrism
Pault71
Mikelewisl200
munchie
Sean
itsthejay
danimal
Nickyl200
Smacke1
omwtuning
andrew_88
Kirk1pac

welcome aboard everyone

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by danimal , Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:27 am

Good morning and thank you for the welcome,

I own a K74 Animal and am loving the simplicity of it, servicing, maintaining and general go anywhere attitude. I have taken it camping on a number of occasions already up to the Isle of Skye and various other 'off the beaten track' areas in Scotland.
I've owned it 6 months and have serviced it myself (inc gearbox oil and diffs) and changed the alloys to 15" black steels with A/T tyres. I have a few more things in mind.. including EGR removal and I need to replace my Diff lock air pump situated on the rear axle as the hose connections on it have corroded away but am struggling to find a replacement.. and a roof tent to make camping easier.
I'm looking forward to getting a lot of information and knowledge from this forum.
I will upload pics soon.. is there a different thread for this?

Thanks again.
Dan

2005 Animal

danimal  
danimal
Date registered 12.03.2018

Last edited 12.10.2018 | Top

#4 by krutly , Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Dan
plenty of kits on ebay and the like for EGR removal for around a tenner
you'll need half a meter of water pipe or a piece of copper pipe too
there is a full how to on here you'll be able to see when you upgrade (details in the top post) and your username turns blue
I would advise that if you remove the EGR and or catalytic convertor , make sure you keep hold of them as I suspect in the future the MOTs for diesels will get even stricter and they may need to be refitted (although you could probably have them in place but non functional if you know what I mean)
@mikeinatruck may well have an axle or two for sale amongst other parts as his truck was written off earlier this year, he'll be able to advise when he reads this post
dont worry about posting in the correct area @ronniecabers will move any posts to the relevant areas should that need doing
you may find that you can't upload pics till your username turns blue so dont panic if you've problems putting pics up (we all like truck pics by the way)
any questions you have just shout

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#5 by ronniecabers , Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

@danimal If you upgrade yourself as per the instructions in the welcome thread, your name will become blue in colour ( when Admin upgrades you )and then you can upload photos etc and access a fair bit of good info! You can create yourself a gallery then to show off your truck

/in the meantime as Krutly says , if its posted in the wrong place I can soon move it if need be

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Last edited 12.10.2018 | Top

#6 by danimal , Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks very much gents.. I have sent a message to admin for the upgrade so will upload pics as soon as it’s been approved.
Gagging to remove the EGR as I’ve been reading these can contribute to causing gasket failure.
Are there any other preventative maintenance I should be aware of with this model?
Thanks again.

2005 Animal

danimal  
danimal
Date registered 12.03.2018

#7 by krutly , Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 am

I had my classic for more than 10 years and it never missed a beat
I serviced it every 6 months just to be on the safe side and every few years greased all the grease nipples underneath
I never took it over 3,000 revs or thrashed it and it served me well
the chap I sold it to a couple of years ago has had trouble free motoring with it since only having to replace glow plugs and a couple of bulbs
he's kept up the service regime of doing it twice a year

the EGR cooler going porous can contribute to head gasket failure but it is rare
that said, the cooler cant cause hot gasses to pressurize the cooling system if it's been removed

plenty of little things that are common with these trucks
windows that dont go back up properly
brake sliders that stick
vacuum leaks that make the 4x4 light flash
overboost that throws up an engine light and puts it into limp mode
most are easy to solve and plenty of advice on here of what to do

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#8 by mikeinatruck , Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:55 am

YoLo... I dont have a dfflock pump but I do have an axle... I'd just put a blank under the egr and leave the rest in place, personally I prefer the authentic look but thats just me.

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete
Thats about it for now.....

RIP - 2003 Oriental burgundy and silver. (curse you evil Corsa driver)

Range Rover Vogue and a Land Rover 90 V8 Tray Back for fun.

mikeinatruck
Date registered 11.02.2011

#9 by Ollie , Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 pm

and a very warm welcome to the forum tell us where your from don't be shy

Your Area Rep for Newcastle upon Tyne Did have several l200s
04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie
Date registered 10.02.2013

#10 by Kirk1pac , Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome. I'm Kirk from Dublin and I drive a 2003 warrior. I've only had it a couple of weeks and loving it so far. I joined the forum for information and ideas about these trucks as I intend to modify/upgrade the standard spec it's currently at.

Kirk1pac  
Kirk1pac
Date registered 12.08.2018

#11 by AD , Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:01 pm

Welcome everyone,what you all driving and where you from.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#12 by George , Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#13 by Nickyl200 , Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome, I'm in the Norfolk area and have a 2003 k74 which I have completely overhauled Inc, new chassis, all the brakes including pipes, every rubber bush and joint and gaitor, full engine service Inc cam belts all the oils Inc diffs, gearbox, transfer box and engine, re stone chipped full underside and buck plus inside front wings, also fitted chrome bullbar, roll bar and rear bars/step and armadillo roll cover complete with picturs from the start

Nickyl200  
Nickyl200
Date registered 12.05.2018

#14 by 4life-extreme , Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:50 pm

AREA REPRESENTATIVE - South Central England
2002 4Life Blue over silver with diff lock,wind deflectors x 4, bonnet bug deflector, snorkel, 30mm wheel spacers, Angel eye spot lights, Bonnet gas struts, CB. GripMax A/T 265/75/16. Boost gauge, Oil Catch Can, Extended rear shackles (164k miles. R.I.P.), New long Milner Engine ( 62k miles) New Turbo @ 236k
JOBS TO DO
Pro comp Front`n`Rear shox, Winch bumper, Rock Sliders

4life-extreme
Date registered 02.17.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
25-11-18 Welcome to 8 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor