This is an odd one

#1 by Oggi , Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:48 am

Has anyone ever had the issue of the central locking not working unless the engine is running, interior lights doing the same & clock resetting itself every time the truck is started? It was all working fine on Saturday morning, come to get in in the afternoon and all of the above had happened.

Quick look on line suggested placing a 10amp fuse in the empty raised slot no 5 in the fuse box to bypass all the fuses for the clock, lights & locking, but no difference. all the fuses for the items are fine. So a little stumped as electrics are not my strong suit.

Oggi  
Oggi
Date registered 07.03.2018

RE: This is an odd one

#2 by krutly , Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 am

interior lights, clock and radio all run through the same fused system
have a read of these two threads, might give you some ideas

lost interior lights and clock keeps resetting.

Interior Light/Radio/Clock

I had an issue with mine where the radio would go off and back on again with every turn of the ignition
turns out I had a loose wire in the back of the cigarette lighter where someone had added another wire and not done it properly

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Oggi , Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Many thanks, you are absolutely spot on, found a PO had wired (loosest sense of the word)!!! the work light on the back of the truck into the radio wiring. A bit of blue electrical tape and one of those horrible crimp connectors and wire thick enough to use as battery cable. Now disconnected and will wire that properly at some point.

Oggi  
Oggi
Date registered 07.03.2018

#4 by krutly , Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:15 pm

sounds like both our trucks have been owned by the same person at some point then

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by Tek76 , Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:51 pm

*lol* i guarantee in all motor vehicle or club forums there will be a few that think tapping the fag socket is a smart move because they're lazy and don't want to spend a few more minutes doing it right.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Nearly there!!!! ...but what is this?

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor