16-6-19 Welcome to 44 New members

#1 by ronniecabers , Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum to the following new members

Apologies for the delay in some of you being activitated, due to family circumstances Admin had been delayed in activitating new members ( Please note I am not Admin! )

@oyro
@hubbstar
@Lisa Marchi - Grey
@keyrawn
@treo
@Stamyspeedy
@Gary67Cox
@Lofc2909
@Davel200
@Nick2010L200
@Ilkilla
@Paul s
@Wayne3427
@MXL200
@Kenny30020052
@Minimad38
@bert sandcastle
@Coronel
@kostash
@J30dyt
@Sipod
@Baxtercw
@Alexjsy
@William p682
@Waspy
@MIKEOB
@polsonm1987
@suki
@Headghopper
@gascat
@Dafydd Lewis
@kangelop
@Tony123Reg
@Superfly127
@Mrblack
@gazfy
@RobL
@polsonm87
@vinnyhull85
@Heff
@Caledoniair
@coconut_dave
@majabo
@Tarren94

Please tell us a little about yourself and where abouts your are from.

If you wish to see more of the site , maybe The How to section of jobs members have carried out or maybe the online manuals then please upgrade your membership. It is completely free and all we ask is that you Private Message Admin your name and a little message along the lines of ' Please upgrade me ' ( look for the box marked ' Private Messages ' in the top light blue banner, about a third of the way across). we only ask you to do this as it discourages ' spammers ' and ensures only genuine members are upgraded. Your details will never be used for anything else and never passed to anyone else.

Please Note : On average your upgrade should take up to 48 hrs but there are times when it may take longer, please be patient but Admin does it in their spare time.

If you have any pressing questions then please ask in the ' Ask Admin /Moderators ' section. Most of the members have access to this section.
We do ask , when posting , that you can supply some basic information about your truck ( such as year of manufacture and series/mark ) to enable a more focused answer.
If you are unsure of which series/mark of L200 you have please follow this link Identifying your ' Series ' of L200

If we could also just ask you to stick a pin in our map for an approx location then our regional reps, when organising events , will be able to contact people within their areas
Adding yourself to the forum Map

Could just let us know where you heard about the L200Forum from please that would be great.
How did you find the L200Forum?

Many Thanks

ronniecabers

and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

RE: 16-6-19 Welcome to 44 New members

#2 by krutly , Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:14 pm

oyro
hubbstar
Lisa Marchi - Grey
keyrawn
treo
Stamyspeedy
Gary67Cox
Lofc2909
Davel200
Nick2010L200
Ilkilla
Paul s
Wayne3427
MXL200
Kenny30020052
Minimad38
bert sandcastle
Coronel
kostash
J30dyt
Sipod
Baxtercw
Alexjsy
William p682
Waspy
MIKEOB
polsonm1987
suki
Headghopper
gascat
Dafydd Lewis
kangelop
Tony123Reg
Superfly127
Mrblack
gazfy
RobL
polsonm87
vinnyhull85
Heff
Caledoniair
coconut_dave
majabo
Tarren94

welcome aboard everyone

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by suki , Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the welcome! Bought 17 plate barbarian in Feb, on whole pleased with it but took it up car wash yest and then when I drove off there was a beeping and alarm went off repeatedly until I stopped and only stopped when I got out and locked the vehicle. It was really annoying!! Is there a way of stopping it if it happens again.
Man thanks
Suki !!

suki  
suki
Date registered 06.14.2019

#4 by krutly , Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Quote: suki wrote in post #3
Hi,

Thank you for the welcome! Bought 17 plate barbarian in Feb, on whole pleased with it but took it up car wash yest and then when I drove off there was a beeping and alarm went off repeatedly until I stopped and only stopped when I got out and locked the vehicle. It was really annoying!! Is there a way of stopping it if it happens again.
Man thanks
Suki !!

try putting your seatbelt on .......
or check you've nothing on the passenger seat like a bag of shopping
beep beep beep 6 times (18 beeps altogether) then a pause then it'll start all over again

if it's the alarm going off then it could well be something getting wet under the bonnet that shouldn't
I know nothing about alarm problems unfortunately
all I know is when you alarm the truck with the fob the little ref light comes on , on the dash then 30 seconds later it starts to flash and continues till you unlock it again
locking the truck with the key instead of the fob might be worth a try to see if that cures anything

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#5 by George , Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:19 am

Hi and welcome

2000 4/Life Blue/Silver 102000 miles
Fitted Bonnet Struts
New Clutch Fitted
At the moment now got a Saab not no more
And now I have got a Warrior

George  
George
Date registered 10.29.2011

#6 by gazfy , Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks for the welcome. After my 08 plate Navara got bought back by the lovely people at Nissan who deemed it not worth bothering to fix the chassis on I was in need of a truck sharpish so bought the first L200 that came up near me. It's a slightly (very) rough 57 plate 2.5DiD Automatic, Animal Spec. Since buying it I've discovered it has a bit of an oil leak from the sump, one of the rear spring leafs has snapped, the front inner wheel liners are missing, the steering wheel can be moved about a bit if the height adjuster is set at its highest point, it's got the wrong front bumper on it and the under trays are missing. Ohh and the bonnet is very rusty under its pig ugly carbon wrapping. Goes like a good 'un though and I'm quite taken with it. I've a sneaky feeling it has been a proper modded truck in the past and all the goodies have been whipped off it before it was sold on. Also all the animal graphics have been taken off it so possibly could have had a complete wrap at some point. It's a bit of a mess, but I like it. :-)
Cheers!

Gary.
2007 B40 2.5DiD Animal Automatic.

gazfy  
gazfy
Date registered 05.22.2019

#7 by Nick2010L200 , Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome.

Just sold my 56 plate SWB Shogun warrior & brought an L200 60 plate Barbarian. Been looking for a pickup for a while. More practical & lower tax. Overall I'm pleased with it, got it for lower than asking price because I found a leaking steering rack & front shock.
I'm slowly getting it back up to scratch... changed all oils, filters, fitted day running lights.
I have my parts ready to do cam belt kit, balance belt, water pump, stat, steering rack & front shocks. Also a bit of underbody rust clear up + protection.
Happy with kenwood double din stereo, but have an under seat sub box to fit to it + want some better tweaters soon.
I'm interested to read up on any common faults that can be sorted before they show their ugly head... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If in doubt give it a f*****g clout!

Nick2010L200  
Nick2010L200
Date registered 06.05.2019

#8 by Dafydd Lewis , Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:52 pm

Hey guys,

I've wanted an L200 since I was nine and just bought an 18 plate barbarian, love it already and now in the process of decking it out with pointless extras ha! Will get some pics up once i figure out how plus I already have a truck load of questions like where should I put a new switch panel??? Anyway, glad to be here finally

Dafydd Lewis  
Dafydd Lewis
Date registered 05.19.2019

#9 by Davel200 , Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi, just got myself a 2011 Barbarian, I'm a self employed decorator so it's my car and my van - a lot more practical than my previous Octavia. Live in central Scotland.

Davel200  
Davel200
Date registered 06.04.2019

#10 by Tek76 , Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 am

Dave, I think you'll find the skoda easier to park lol.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#11 by Ilkilla , Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Just baught an 05 plate worrior with a million and 1 custom electrical items added that was subsequently removed before invought it. Apart from and old analog TV. 6 disk changer and a few other strange things. Needs to say I have my work cut out trying to remove the crap that's there before I can turn it into the off road beast i imagine it could be.

Just baught an 05 plate classic worrior that needs everything replacing underneath by the looks of things.

Why do I do this to myself.

Ilkilla
Date registered 06.05.2019

#12 by Headghopper , Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Thank u

Headghopper  
Headghopper
Date registered 06.15.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
18-6-19 Welcome to 2 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor