Suspension upgrades.

#1 by GunnerBill , Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:18 pm

I'm looking for some ideas re suspension upgrades.

Ideally I'd like the vehicle to be less floaty around the numerous windy roads where I live without sacrificing too much off road ability, although TBH. I don't see myself doing much offroad work that anyone would call more challenging than parking in a field!
I've put Koni Heavy Track on the wife's Grand Cherokee and that's been pretty good so I'm thinking of going with that if it's available for the L200 but I am also interested in any cheaper alternatives.

Mostly this vehicle is for the kind of rough tracks that go to most of the houses round us and getting places in floods/snow.

I'm perhaps interested in a mild suspension lift but not if the car would be super wobbly after.

2013 Series 4 Barbarian - Black Edition (Red).

GunnerBill
Date registered 10.09.2019

RE: Suspension upgrades.

#2 by Tek76 , Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:49 pm

150Kg's of sand above the axle. Seriously though, that's where the problem lies. Yon pickup is designed with a bed payload of up to one tonne. When the boffins designed it, they had to cater to max and min loading as a balance between the two and both on and off road performance. Walkinshaws, as @krutly proudly wields round the depths of the west country, has a back with a coil sprung setup. Have a look at Pedders uk uprated kit, and a set of poly bushes to replace the current rubbery ones.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

RE: Suspension upgrades.

#3 by krutly , Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:26 am

Basil put uprated coils and old man emu shocks on his and said it transformed the handling ---------> g64-Basil-s-Trucks.html

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Steering wheel volume control [failure]

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor