l200 2018 oil type

#1 by danslad ( Guest ) , Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi,
Does anyone know what type of oil needs to be used for the new L200 engine?
Thank you

danslad

RE: l200 2018 oil type

#2 by krutly , Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:59 am

if you go on eurocarparts or carparts4less and tap in your reg number it'll show you what oil is right for your truck

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Guest , Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 pm

[quote=krutly|p419128]if you go on eurocarparts or carparts4less and tap in your reg number it'll show you what oil is right for your truck
[/quote]
If they would have had some Mitsubishi approved oil I would have bought some. They have for Citroen/Peugeot group, Audi VAG group, DX2 gm group nothing about mitsi. Besides this engine is new, i thought someone might know the answer here, but i see there are a bunch of guys with basic tech skills.

#4 by ronniecabers , Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 pm

Quote: A guest wrote in post #3
Quote: krutly wrote in post #2
if you go on eurocarparts or carparts4less and tap in your reg number it'll show you what oil is right for your truck

If they would have had some Mitsubishi approved oil I would have bought some. They have for Citroen/Peugeot group, Audi VAG group, DX2 gm group nothing about mitsi. Besides this engine is new, i thought someone might know the answer here, but i see there are a bunch of guys with basic tech skills.

Pardon my ignorance here , someone has tried to help you and all you have done is then say that everyone here has ' basic tech skills '. Well why don't you look in your manual , as I'm assuming it's a new truck ( possibly secondhand at a year old but I'm sure the handbook is still with it ) or secondly why don't you phone Mitsubishi up , I'm sure they will tell you

I am pretty damn sure , in fact I will go as far to say , I know damn well that there are some very clued up guys/gals on this forum , and a fair few that have far more than ' basic tech skills ' . As I said earlier why don't you go back to basics and either look in your manual or phone Mitsi up , rather than insult members of this forum.

Oh and by the way it's probably fully synthetic 5w30 ( poss 5w40 ) and will need to be low ash for the DPF

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Heated seat wiring in barbarian
Bonnet scoop for 2008

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor