Leisure battery

#1 by AD , Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:19 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Wanting a battery for 12v cooler and electric trolling motor,any recommendations for what size ah. I was thinking 130ah what you think and anyone bought one off ebay.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

RE: Leisure battery

#2 by Tek76 , Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:48 am

As long as you buy mainline branded and do the research - but ebay sellers can be worse than folks like tayna with freight. As to the Ah, all depends on the draw of your troller and cooler, and how long you're planning to be out. Ampwise, coolers and fridges are pretty similar, just the cost is a lot more for the fridge, however, the fridge tends to keep things a lot cooler. 130Ah wet will weigh you down by better than 20kg, and that's just the battery without the box etc. One thing I would also do, is consider a manual split charger with an anderson plug into your tub to charge as you drive to the slip. I'd throw an idea of a solar blanket too, but this IS the UK.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#3 by mikeinatruck , Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:51 am

Halfords do some good leisure batteries and if you know anyone with a trade card you can get a good discount

2011 Warrior (Big Red)
265 70 17 BFGs
EGR delete
Thats about it for now.....

RIP - 2003 Oriental burgundy and silver. (curse you evil Corsa driver)

Range Rover Vogue and a Land Rover 90 V8 Tray Back for fun.

mikeinatruck
Date registered 11.02.2011

#4 by Rem708 , Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:45 am

try euro car parts and order online (click and collect) using their discount code (top of the home page). Should get a least a 1/3 off and they have a network over the country https://www.eurocarparts.com/stockton.html

Leisure batteries are expensive compared to normal car batteries. Provided you DON'T run them right down then an ordinary better would be a cheaper option. Keep it topped up and it will last as long as the leisure..

ps I have a trade account with ECP and often the online discount code gives a cheaper price!

05 Warrior double cab 74T

Rem708  
Rem708
Date registered 10.26.2018

Last edited 02.08.2020 | Top

#5 by Tek76 , Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:28 pm

Quote: Rem708 wrote in post #4
try euro car parts and order online (click and collect) using their discount code (top of the home page). Should get a least a 1/3 off and they have a network over the country https://www.eurocarparts.com/stockton.html

Leisure batteries are expensive compared to normal car batteries. Provided you DON'T run them right down then an ordinary better would be a cheaper option. Keep it topped up and it will last as long as the leisure..

ps I have a trade account with ECP and often the online discount code gives a cheaper price!

Here's the thing, with a trolling motor, its quite a bit of constant draw, as opposed to a short sharp shock to start an engine. In AD's usage pattern, it will be a lot of deep draws, which can actually leave him paddling back if a starter battery is used as regular batteries have thin plates, compared to leisure/DC which have thicker plates to cope with the cycles. There are hybrid starter/deep out there, but nominally for commercial vehicles fitted with tail lifts etc.I'd also lean on an AGM instead of a regular wet battery just for the extra bit of safety in it as you don't get as much of the gas vent problem if ever.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
EGR blank B40 engine

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor