12-2-20 Welcome to 8 new members

#1 by ronniecabers , Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 pm

A very warm welcome to the forum to the following new members

@Arnold
@Rbevan
@mr dig
@Motopete
@Mattw

Please tell us a little about yourself and whereabouts your are from.

There are some very knowledgeable people here willing to offer you tips and advice on the L200 and also other makes/models, we hope you enjoy the site and join in the friendly banter

When posting can please supply some basic information about your truck ( such as year of manufacture and series/mark ) to enable a more focused answer.
If you are unsure of which series/mark of L200 you have please follow this link Identifying your ' Series ' of L200

If we could also just ask you to stick a pin in our map for an approx location then our regional reps, when organising events , will be able to contact people within their areas

Adding yourself to the forum Map

Could just let us know where you heard about the L200Forum from please that would be great.
How did you find the L200Forum?

Many Thanks

ronniecabers

and

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Last edited 02.12.2020 | Top

RE: 12-2-20 Welcome to 8 new members

#2 by ronniecabers , Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm

My apologies to the following members i missed from the list above :

@6x6
@karlos v
@Ian c

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#3 by krutly , Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:32 am

Arnold
Rbevan
mr dig
Motopete
Mattw
6x6
karlos v
Ian c

welcome aboard everyone

I'm your southwest of England area rep, just give me a shout if there is anything I can help you with
feel free to ask any questions you have and we will all do our best to answer them for you

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#4 by Motopete , Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:59 am

Thanks for approving.

Wigan, Lancs

I’m now the owner of a 2003 (52) L200 4life. Been used by a farm for the last 16years

Bought it as another work horse and joined the forum (found googling why green light started flashing) as these places have been a goldmine so far for troubleshooting other cars and motorcycles I’ve had problems with in the past.

9 month MoT. Few dents and holes but chassis seems solid and has had 1000’s spent on in last year looking at receipts.

I do seem to be stuck in 4H though. 4L works but 2L flashes. I’m guessing the green light should go out completely in RWD. Brake pedal is hard like the car I learned to drive in so yeah cheap truck but will be playing with it. Plan for this morning is to get some vacuum hose from motor factors and look at the 4WD problem. Hate taking stuff to the garage for anything other than MoT 😂😀

Motopete
Date registered 02.11.2020

Last edited 02.13.2020 | Top

#5 by krutly , Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Hi Motopete
I dont think you are stuck in 4H as that is quite rare
what is very common on these trucks is a vacuum leak on the system that means you get a flashing 4x4 light
as long as your transfer lever is in the 2H position then you should be in rear wheel drive only
4WD should only be used on slippery/loose surfaces
if you use it on tarmac etc then you'll get diff wind up, there'll be a loud bang from the axle/transfer box and it'll get expensive
Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#6 by Motopete , Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Yeah I managed to speak with the original owner as it was a company account that all the previous work was booked on. He told me it failed MoT terribly a couple of years back and spent a fortune having the chassis repaired. Ever since it’s left the garage that light has been flashing intermittently and as you have, he assured me the same and it’s just a light - not stuck in 4WD. Had a new turbo, brake master and cylinder head last year so I’d presume cambelt and water pump too.
Still not had a look underneath but any pointers on where to start looking for its lack of brake boost?

Motopete

#7 by ronniecabers , Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:03 pm

Flashy light could be leak ...if doing from HG repair my guess is one of the pipes has been split or not put on correctly.
Brakes...start simple ..check fronts rotate and it's not a binding caliper , slider pins are a known issue. Are you losing fluid? If not maybe a renew and bleed of fluids

ronniecabers
Forum Legend

#8 by krutly , Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:22 am

as ronnie says, the sliders on these trucks seize up for a pass time
I did mine at least once a year and usually a couple were seized and need heating up in a vice to get the pins out
wire wool , emmery cloth and a little lube would sort it

2003 4life now sold

krutly
Forum Legend

#9 by AD , Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am

When i checked the tappets the very small vac pipe right at the back had come off and light started flashing.took me ages to see it as its obscured by other pipes.
Reconnected it and and lights out.

AD
Date registered 04.13.2014

#10 by Motopete , Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:19 pm

They’re all free no binding no loss of fluid. Just have to stand on the pedal. Nearly went through the windscreen when I got back in the new transit yesterday. There’s a lot of new looking hoses under the bonnet so I guess I’m just going to be spending a while painstakingly going through everything to rule out a vacuum before doing what younger techs do and start throwing parts at it because the diagnostic computer said so

Motopete

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
9-2-20 Welcome to 10 new members

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor