EGR VALVE

#1 by tazbiker ( Guest ) , Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Good Afternoon
new member as just brought a L200 Animal I have just had the EGR exhaust Valve replaced but also just been informed I could have it blanked off is this correct please

tazbiker

RE: EGR VALVE

#2 by Ollie , Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:12 pm

What year is your l200

Your Area Rep for Newcastle upon Tyne Did have several l200s
04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie
Date registered 10.02.2013

#3 by tazbiker ( Guest ) , Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:52 pm

it is a 2005

tazbiker

#4 by TAZBIKER ( Guest ) , Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:05 pm

The Year is 2005

TAZBIKER

#5 by Ollie , Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:44 pm

Yes you can delete it's easy peezy lemon squeeze and cheap blanking kit on Ebay

04plate warrior snorkel off road ats lifted needs more mods waiting on the store's to open
NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie

#6 by Ollie , Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Where you from if your near me in Newcastle upon Tyne I'll do it for you

NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie

#7 by krutly , Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:03 pm

EGRs are commonly removed on K74 L200s
there were a few cases of the EGR cooler going porous and allowing hot exhaust gasses into the cooling system thus the coolers were removed as a pre-emptive measure to prevent overheating.
what is more common is the EGR valve itself gets sooted up and no longer opens and closes as it should which shows up as various running or idling issues.
removing or blanking off do pretty much the same job, however, with diesel vehicles now being proclaimed as the work of the devil, I suspect that in future MOT tests they may become a fail if they are no longer present.
one of the last times I took my classic to the local dealer they made a note that the emissions controls had been removed. I informed them that I was aware of this as it was me that had removed them.
If you do remove the EGR and it's various components then I would be tempted to store them somewhere safe rather than bin them just in case testing regulations change in the future and they are then required.
Similar things have happened in recent years with the catalytic converters on these trucks. Years ago you could get a decat pipes for 30 quid and flog your cat for scrap for 80 quid which was a no brainer as it made your truck run much better and you were 50 quid up. More and more MOT stations are now failing L200s if the cat has been removed. You may be lucky and have your local tester pass it if removed or you may not.

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#8 by tazbiker ( Guest ) , Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi ,that sounds good to me to remove it and store it just in case sound advice !! I live in Basingstoke not sure the mileage to Newcastle !! as i said not the L200 for very long need to track down some other parts for it !! thank you again for the Advice .Ian

tazbiker

#9 by Ollie , Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:53 pm

There should be a how to on the forum you will have to wait for your upgrade I'll try and find some pics I'm taking one off my shogun soon I'll take some pics if I remember

NEVER FOLLOW WOODY

Ollie

2003 L200 1000rmp engine light comes on and now power can’t read ecu
I'll start with the rear dif...

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor