smart charger??

#1 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

need a smart charger ,disco batt is stuggling. I start once a week, can't drive as It is sorned due to lockdown! I have a trickle charger, but it needs a bit more.
found these, which one is better OR can anybody suggest one?

cheers

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-10...OUAAOSw2xRYdO9l

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/27038095349?iid...3caAln4EALw_wcB

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

The following contents have been linked to this post::

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

RE: smart charger??

#2 by ronniecabers , Thu May 21, 2020 1:35 pm

Is it going flat within the week?

If so don't be a cheapskate and get a new battery!

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#3 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #2
Is it going flat within the week?

If so don't be a cheapskate and get a new battery!

yes!! have to jump from motorhome every week! mind you batt is around 8 years old!!!!

Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!

paulw

#4 by ronniecabers , Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 pm

the battery is fecked then Paul , just get a new one

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

#5 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Quote: ronniecabers wrote in post #4
the battery is fecked then Paul , just get a new one

me being a tight ar** looking at smart charger 49 quid, lion battery for disco is 52!!! bit of a no brainer

paulw

#6 by 123hotchef , Thu May 21, 2020 4:41 pm

I have the lid one it does rhe job aldi have the same one online sometime

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#7 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #6
I have the lid one it does rhe job aldi have the same one online sometime

thanks guys, TBH not sure which way to go, still in a quandary whether to keep or sell love it but hardly used it since Oct! got a crank pulley, fuel filter, air bleed valve to fit -- bet I tax and keep for a while. mind you last years mot cost 950 quid and hurt, so might be time to cut losses?

paulw

#8 by 123hotchef , Thu May 21, 2020 5:35 pm

keep it

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#9 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 5:36 pm

tempt me with green lanes when all this is all over!!!!!

paulw

#10 by 123hotchef , Thu May 21, 2020 5:38 pm

you know it mate we are going get out once a month

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#11 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm

COR, my juices are flowing

paulw

#12 by 123hotchef , Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm

oh yeh baby

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#13 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm

lockdown is now kicking in!!

paulw

#14 by krutly , Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 pm

sounds like you have too many toys there Paul
we all have stuff that's 'just for lookin at' and that's what your landy will become whilst sat on your drive
before you know it you'll cover it with a tarp because 'it's been sorned for 6 months'
then next summer you'll not uncover it
then by next winter you'll store stuff on the roof of it like a couple of tyres and bits of wood
at this point it becomes a garden shelf that you dont even notice any more

your neighbors will notice it every time they drive past however, I can assure you of that
use it or get rid is my advice

this is, of course, sound advice coming from a man with a motorbike that gets less use than a breville toasted sandwich maker ...... or that magimix thing that's in the kitchen cupboard who's only function is to sit there lure you into moving it so that you'll cut yourself on it's blades. Or maybe even that lava lamp you've got in the cupboard under the stairs that only needs a new bulb and it'll work fine. or the collection of old bulbs and fuses you've taken out of old vehicles that when you try them the filaments have blown but instead of binning them , once you've checked to see they of no use you put them back in the box . Add that to the phone chargers you've kept from phones that were obsolete 10 years ago and the little plastic clips you've kept from 'universal' wiper blades you've bought in the past and kept in a drawer 'just in case'

what was the question again ? .......... oh yeah, smart chargers ...........
sorry mate can't help ya

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#15 by paulw , Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 pm

Quote: krutly wrote in post #14
sounds like you have too many toys there Paul
we all have stuff that's 'just for lookin at' and that's what your landy will become whilst sat on your drive
before you know it you'll cover it with a tarp because 'it's been sorned for 6 months'
then next summer you'll not uncover it
then by next winter you'll store stuff on the roof of it like a couple of tyres and bits of wood
at this point it becomes a garden shelf that you dont even notice any more

your neighbors will notice it every time they drive past however, I can assure you of that
use it or get rid is my advice

this is, of course, sound advice coming from a man with a motorbike that gets less use than a breville toasted sandwich maker ...... or that magimix thing that's in the kitchen cupboard who's only function is to sit there lure you into moving it so that you'll cut yourself on it's blades. Or maybe even that lava lamp you've got in the cupboard under the stairs that only needs a new bulb and it'll work fine. or the collection of old bulbs and fuses you've taken out of old vehicles that when you try them the filaments have blown but instead of binning them , once you've checked to see they of no use you put them back in the box . Add that to the phone chargers you've kept from phones that were obsolete 10 years ago and the little plastic clips you've kept from 'universal' wiper blades you've bought in the past and kept in a drawer 'just in case'

what was the question again ? .......... oh yeah, smart chargers ...........
sorry mate can't help ya

, thank you Kurt, that is so on the button, we have a pug 306 under a tarp for four years saying I must get it started!! as for disco it already has jump leads , tyre pump on passenger seat!! such great vision well done and thank you. now I must go and dry my eyes from tears of laughter! hopefully we can catch up soon after this lockdown. probably in the tiquan as the disco will still be sorned

paulw

#16 by Tek76 , Fri May 22, 2020 12:47 pm

to the original, I got the ctek mxs for about £100, its been useful for both vehicles during lockdown to just keep stuff ticking, and it's a maintainer as well - works with both agm and wet. Actually Kurt, I blew my breville up from a tad more than regular use last winter lmao. However, as to the disco, Im putting my money on the 3am boom and clatter as the rust creeps past the suspension mounts... before the tarp is even considered.

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

#17 by paulw , Fri May 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Quote: Tek76 wrote in post #16
to the original, I got the ctek mxs for about £100, its been useful for both vehicles during lockdown to just keep stuff ticking, and it's a maintainer as well - works with both agm and wet. Actually Kurt, I blew my breville up from a tad more than regular use last winter lmao. However, as to the disco, Im putting my money on the 3am boom and clatter as the rust creeps past the suspension mounts... before the tarp is even considered.

haa haa, yes disco 2 have their fair share of rust, luckily this is solid BUT for how long?

paulw

#18 by Tek76 , Fri May 22, 2020 1:34 pm

I may have suggested before, but have you considered a longranger conversion? (longranger.net)

Anything is possible, all you need is imagination or own a bank!
2011DCLB - No I'm not compensating.

Tek76
Date registered 07.18.2018

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Camber adjustment bolts

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor