Rebuilding/fixing the entire 4x4 system help please.

#1 by Ilkilla , Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:19 pm

I'm sure I've asked questions of this nature before but this time I want to go through the 4x4 system on the truck with a fine tooth combe.

My questions are

Can anyone enlighten me the the complete working of the system.
All the vacuume hoses and there locations.
All the electrical components and where they are.
And if possible where I can buy things like the canisters on the rear for the locking diff on behind the frame on the front drivers wheel arch ( there are incredibly rusty)

P.s I know I'm asking for alot but from all the searching I can only find i for about the vacuum solenoid ay the top of the engine. The switch on the transfer case and the electric switch on the rear diff. And I think I have more problems that them things but don't know how it all works.

Please help im new to this.

Just baught an 05 plate classic worrior that needs everything replacing underneath by the looks of things.

Why do I do this to myself.

Ilkilla
Date registered 06.05.2019

RE: Rebuilding/fixing the entire 4x4 system help please.

#2 by krutly , Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

if you are replacing vac pipes , best advice is do them one at a time as it's very easy to get them the wrong way round and connected to the wrong stuff

SOUTHWEST ENGLAND - AREA REP
2003 4life now sold
2011 walkinshaw , lego mechanic

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

krutly
Forum Legend
Date registered 10.21.2011

#3 by Heathen , Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 am

Hi @ikilla2 - 4wd system and rear diff lock are pretty independent systems, but I think the diff lock won't activate if the truck isn't in 4wd mode. So first step is to get the 4wd working as it should. Two things happen when you move the transfer lever to from 2H to 4H/4L, the transfer case mechnically engages the front driveshaft and this is also picked up by a switch on the transfer box which connects the front right axle (actuator on front diff, driven by the two solenoids on the drivers inner wing. This means that in 2wd the front drive shaft is driven neither by the wheels nor the gearbox. Part number for the accumulator tank is MR534312. Let us know if you need any more help.

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#4 by Heathen , Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:28 am

Here's a pic of just the 4wd vacuum components :

Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Stuck in rear wheel drive

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor