RE: If it aint broke....headgasket?

#26 by Daviemtc , Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:52 pm

By the time you've got the intercooler back on, vac pipes etc connected the sealant should be good to go.

If it's not broken yet, you're not trying hard enough.

Daviemtc
Date registered 07.27.2016

#27 by Nik Rite , Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 pm

She runs! ....That Dirko is brilliant stuff! ....Im thinking of using it to keep my dentures in place!....Torqued up new head to 135 nm as close as I could ...Then started it and warmed it up till the oil filter was hot....then shut it down and disassembled ( Im getting used to it)...torqued up the bolts and the readings were all over the place! No rhyme or reason ...reset them again to 135....I think stresses were coming out of the ally head and reassembled...did the valve clearances while I was there. Dirko'd the cam cover and reassembled...got an EML straight away ...I hadn't connected the intercooler fan! Ive nearly finished,just a slightly leaking exhaust...cleaned the injectors while I was at it....There was a slight weap coming from the injector nut but I think ill leave it...
Once again thanks you guys for all the help and steering me in the rite direction......Ta Nic

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite
Date registered 03.26.2018

#28 by ronniecabers , Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:21 am

Good news on it running again. Headboltd may be all over the place due to the early bolts getting loose as the rest are torqued down. Always worth checking them all twice before moving to the next setting and before putting rocker cover back on

Thread locking available here...no fee!

ronniecabers
Forum Legend
Date registered 11.09.2012

Last edited 07.16.2021 | Top

#29 by Daviemtc , Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:46 pm

@Nik Rite How's the truck running? Hope all's good still.

If it's not broken yet, you're not trying hard enough.

Daviemtc
Date registered 07.27.2016

#30 by Nik Rite , Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:49 pm

Woo whoooooo ....just went for a run up to Scotland 700 mile round trip...very hot weather...Nursed it up 70-75 for hours keeping an eye on temp guage...wife took over I fell asleep..woke up 1/2 hr later to find she had the speedo rapped 85...I nearly sh*t...h
Hasnt used any water and the exhaust seams less smokey?? ....theres an odd oil leak which ill track down later....cleaning the injectors has only made a marginal improvement....Thanks for asking...Nik

Nik Rite  
Nik Rite
Date registered 03.26.2018

Tailgate swap/retro fit options
Auto transmission problems

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor