2006 L200 Warrior Antispin, traction, ABS lights

#1 by Chris780 , Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Help please!

This is a bit of a long story so by all means jump to the last paragraph for the summary. If you would like to hear the medium long version, have a nice cup of tea and are sitting comfortably then I’ll begin... (The long long version I’m paying a psychiatrist to erase from my memory).

Two months ago I looked at a relatively cheap L200, it had electrical problems; windows not working and airbag light on but was very tidy underneath. The engine seamed nice and healthy, trim was quite reasonable and the vehicle looked reasonably presentable. Not a problem I thought, it will be a fuse and a clock spring/squib thing so I shook hands with the guy who was a trader and had him deliver it leaving anything else wrong with the truck in the lap of the gods . I was poking around with it a few days later and the headlights were stuck on and the indicators wouldn’t work as well as the problem with the windows and an airbag light on.

I set about checking fuses and pulling it apart looking for wiring issues as well as some internet searching for people with similar issues. I went to look at the plug on the rear facing rear window for some reason and it was unplugged, the rear cab window had been broken at some point and the enclosure was full of broken glass with the new window fitted but not connected to the mechanism. The new window was propped up with a piece of 3x2” timber. The plug had been sat in all the wet and despite looking relatively clean was all oxidised up on the inside so pulled it apart to clean it properly, I then removed the piece of timber, connected the mechanism and fitted a new membrane before fitting the trim. The headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs had also all been messed about with and replaced with LED versions that can throw up all sorts of errors so I swapped them all back to halogens. This combined with the oxidised rear window plug seemed to fix the headlight and windows issue I had.

I fitted a new squib at about the same time I fitted new rear leaf springs, I was a bit gung-ho with a new impact wrench and damaged a rear abs senor cable without realising . I cleared the airbag light with a cheap diagnostic tool and once all back together took it for a drive. The anti spin and traction control lights were constantly lit and wouldn’t clear themselves. A bit more poking around and I realised I’d damaged the abs cable so a new sensor fitted and I checked the ohms of all of them at the abs unit, all good. The anti spin and traction control lights were constantly lit and wouldn’t clear themselves.

I took it to a good automotive electrician, they didn’t have MUT but seemed to be confident that what they had would work, they could see faults but couldn’t get a connection to clear anything. It was at this point the lights switched themselves back on and windows stopped working. The chap suggested I checked all earths and cleaned and inspected any connector I can get to. I spent another day on it, the carpets in the back were very wet so dried them as best I could and I found a couple of slightly corroded connectors and cleaned up all earth points and did manage to find a partially broken wire to the traction control button which I repaired. The lights and windows now seemed to be working again and I then took it back to the auto electrician who still couldn’t get his software to fully communicate with the truck.

I thought it needs Mitsubishis MUT so booked it in with Mitsubishi... A couple of weeks later when I could get a slot at Mitsubishi they couldn’t get MUT to communicate with the truck but could see a fault with the steering angle sensor (out of range). I picked the truck up with the original lights (anti spin and traction control) still on and now ABS flashing and a red exclamation mark on the dashboard for good measure.

Help please, anti spin and traction control lights are constantly lit as well as ABS flashing and a red exclamation mark! I’m sure it’s something really simple it’s just finding what it is!

Chris780  
Chris780
Date registered 03.27.2021

Headlight warning buzzer/chime location...
white smoke on initial start up

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor