RE: Grizzly's Animal

#26 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:20 pm

I moved on swiftly to the rear diff this was easy to find and pretty easy to feed the breather pipe along the chassis rail and up through the engine bay into the block. I decide to feed the breather pipe into the existing pipe work as you can see.

Where the original pipe connected to just for reference.

Thats if for the moment, its just a case of working out where the front breather vents to and i think ive got a pretty good idea. Here is a link the the newtriton forum ive used and also a youtube video where they point out the front diff breather pipe. Once i have that connected i will stick some more pictures up.

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic...=diff+breathers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfyr_vbxqg

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly
Date registered 08.16.2014

#27 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Ok so the rain stopped an the work began again. Now i have done a lot of reading online and came to the conclusion that the youtube video was right. So ive put a link in again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNfyr_vbxqg

Using the video and hopefully my pictures should help, its quite simple to locate the breather that i believe to be the front diff along with others on the new triton forum. Behind the drivers side front wheel you will come across this. What you are looking for is a black cap with a Mitsubishi logo on in the picture below it looks quite clean.

To remove it all i did was twist and pull upwards.

Here it is keep it safe somewhere.

Insa Ranger AT tyres - Snorkel - K&N panel filter - BRC diff breather kit - Bull bar with 20" LED bar - roof mounted 40" LED bar - LED tray lights - Roller top - Wind deflectors - Reversing sensors and camera - EGR mod - next?

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#28 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Now with it off attach the breather pipe like so.

Run it up through the engine bay and connect finally connect it all to the block.

Thats it all done hopefully it well help anyone who is planning on doing this in the future.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#29 by Grizzly , Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:13 pm

This link also contains some more information and photos about installing a breather kit.

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic...reather+install

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 12.17.2015 | Top

#30 by Mallinman , Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Looks like a good well built kit. The blue silicone pipe always make the engine bay look better 2.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#31 by Pingu , Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 am

What is the egr resistor mod? How much was it?

Pingu
Date registered 01.03.2015

#32 by 123hotchef , Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:31 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: Grizzly wrote in post #21
Well it's been a while since I'd touched the truck and I've been collecting a few bits.

Today I have replaced the battery and whilst it was off fitted this.

Thanks @FoxyChris for his version of the EGR resistor mod it was very simple to fit and took me just under half an hour.

I've still got a snorkel to fit and I am awaiting a diff breather kit that the guys in the newtriton forum use.
This is it. Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/121810551843

£50

looks good though great write up too now get swimming

AREA REPRESENTATIVE: South East England
'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend
Date registered 02.15.2012

#33 by Grizzly , Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Quote: Pingu wrote in post #31
What is the egr resistor mod? How much was it?

EGR Resistor Mod

Here's all the information in regards to the EGR mod.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 12.19.2015 | Top

#34 by Grizzly , Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Found this in my engine bay tonight, bit of a bonus really as I'd thought about getting one can't believe I didn't spot it sooner

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 01.07.2016 | Top

#35 by nightelf25 , Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:21 pm

how much horsepower do u think will gain? i have one too and i think it gave me aproximatelly 50 - 60 horsepower.

nightelf25  
nightelf25
Date registered 12.28.2015

#36 by animal , Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:14 pm

That's the standard rallitronic chip fitted to animals . I believe it takes the trucks from the standard 130ish bhp to about 167 bhp , so basically it's about 37ish bhp extra than non animal trucks

Forum Graphics Representative Stickers

06 animal automatic .2" body lift, 3" suspension lift, colour coded chrome parts , black wide arches , de-cat, dump valve , boost gauge, huge deep dish wheels, airbrushing, twin headlight conversion , a-bar, side bars , 7" GPS head unit , dash cam , 150db train horns , carbon pillar covers, Karrman 4x4 diff drop kit , snorkel , 42 led light bar mounted above front screen , wind deflectors ,

animal
Date registered 01.02.2013

#37 by Grizzly , Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:02 pm

I thought it was just a different map on the ECU, and it was an add on. But that makes more sense considering they all come out the factory the same.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#38 by Grizzly , Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:17 pm

I've been looking into having bash plates made up and got a few quotes.

£170 + VAT for 4mm stainless steel with the GLXR replaced with L200

£120 + VAT for 4mm mild steel with the GLXR replaced with L200

My question is do these look like decent prices for the work? I initially thought about getting the stainless steel as some of the one on ebay for £115 are made from it but would the mild steel be better and last longer? Plus the ones on ebay are just the front plate and not both so i know i am getting a better deal already.

Hopefully the cad drawings attached to show what i am getting.

[[File:L200 Bash Plate 2006-2009.pdf]]

Grizzly's Animal

Attachment:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached files

Grizzly

#39 by 123hotchef , Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:20 pm

stainless wont rust thats for sure

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#40 by Mallinman , Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:21 pm

That's a fair price for stainless for both those pieces. Id go the stainless route. Stays looking new and will never rust. Just remember to get stainless bolts and washers so u don't get rust dribbles. A2 will do fine.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#41 by 123hotchef , Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:22 pm

how much were @LezT s

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#42 by Grizzly , Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:46 pm

So the snorkel is on, as is the shinny new coolant tank. But I now need to re-route the power steering reservoir to the other side of the engine bay. Does anyone now the diameter of the hose off hand? Pictures to follow when it's light again.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

Last edited 02.02.2016 | Top

#43 by 123hotchef , Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:12 pm

do u really need to move the pwsteering resoviore that will mean more fluid too

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#44 by Grizzly , Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 pm

Quote: 123hotchef wrote in post #43
do u really need to move the pwsteering resoviore that will mean more fluid too

Yeah the way the new coolant bottle sits mean there's no where for it to sit upright. The slam panels got the mounts drilled in on the passenger side as if it was left hand drive, so extending them does not seem to hard.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#45 by wood4thetrees , Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:29 pm

I just drilled a hole in the stainless bracket of the new expansion tank and mounted the power steering reservoir to that. Sits at a bit of an angle but not had any trouble with it. I'm sure there's prettier installations of it. But hey ho. It works!

wood4thetrees  
wood4thetrees
Date registered 06.20.2015

#46 by WelshMart , Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:35 am

Quote: Grizzly wrote in post #38

My question is do these look like decent prices for the work? I initially thought about getting the stainless steel as some of the one on ebay for £115 are made from it but would the mild steel be better and last longer? Plus the ones on ebay are just the front plate and not both so i know i am getting a better deal already.

Same ones as I've had made, I can say that they fit great and have saved my bacon a few times. I had mine made in 4mm steel and powdercoated however that has broken off in places. I now need to upgrade the mounts as with the heavy bash plate they are the weak point, currently I am missing one mounting.

2006 4 Work, 285/75/16 Khumo MTs, 2.5 inch wide flexiflares, 4mm steel skid plates, Snorkel, CB Radio, Rallitronic module, broken Leer canopy, LED work light, LED bed light, 20" LED flood light, McK Rock Sliders, Team Heko wind deflectors, 2" suspension lift, Reverse Camera

WelshMart
Date registered 02.19.2013

#47 by 123hotchef , Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:05 am

I just welded some big 12mm nuts in place for my bash plates and made the hole in the plate bigger to take a m12 bolt

'PYROCHEF'

123hotchef
Forum Legend

#48 by Grizzly , Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:45 am

Quote: WelshMart wrote in post #46
Quote: Grizzly wrote in post #38

Same ones as I've had made, I can say that they fit great and have saved my bacon a few times. I had mine made in 4mm steel and powdercoated however that has broken off in places. I now need to upgrade the mounts as with the heavy bash plate they are the weak point, currently I am missing one mounting.

I will be ordering them soon just doing a bit more reading into what materials best. Taken from the Aussies hopefully it helps - http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj100...ATEBRACKETS.jpg

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#49 by Grizzly , Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Just noticed that the grate on top the snorkels cracked, so that needs replacing. I've seen some different tops altogether so that might be changing soon.

Grizzly's Animal

Grizzly

#50 by paul hoolie , Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:06 pm

Looks good mate how is the light bar through your front screen when on
did you see animals with the brackets instead of roof bar

PRAM 06 plate gey warrior not quit standard rear bed cover (proppa)
blue led interior/footwell lights

paul hoolie
Date registered 11.05.2014

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Anyone put a Bigger 3lt Mercedes-Benz diesel engine

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor