Spanky's L200 shop donkey

#1 by L200spanky , Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:03 am

Hi Folks,

Nice to be on here, recently purchased a 2003 L200 crew cab in standard form as a parts delivery/collections donkey for my business. Like everything I get with wheels it doesn't take long for me to start tinkering and cleaning etc et. Do here's some details and pictures thus far. Hope you like ;).

2003 L200 Crew Cab
129,992 miles
Blue/silver
2.5td
Broken cup holder

So far I have done the following to get it through its DOE vehicle test and also some other small bits to keep me entertained ;D .

New copper break lines fitted
New rear tail lights fitted
New rear shackle bushes
New rear spring front bush
New reverse light switch
New pioneer heading (shall be swapped out in time for phone kit headunit)
New vibe front dash speakers - Pack a nice punch
New genuine Mitsubishi grey/green L200 deep pile floor mats
New 27smd front side light LED bulbs
Custom LED lighting thought the truck
Number plate lights fixed and new bulbs
Fitted a roof rack
40" ANNT LED light bar mounted
Full service including engine flush with BG Fues EPR
EGR blanked
All shafts and joints greased
Head lights aligned
Oblong front number plate and plate holder removed and changed for Japanese Import square plate

Here is whats next to do :

Inner and outer track rod ends both sides
Fit 2x New front tires to match the rear - Silverstone A/T117 Specials (Have)
Fit new thermostat and aluminium radiator - (Have)
Do cooling system flush and fresh coolant
Front brake pads needed - EBC Yellows or BD
Front wheel bearings to be tightened
Braided break lines all round
Decat pipe
Turbo timer and boost gauge - (Have)
Remove EGR system completely
Change crankshaft oil seal - Nasty oil leak
Change crankshaft pulley
Wire 40" ANNT light bar

So thats where I am at the moment with the truck, hopefully this week i'll get the front tires on and nearly new rear tires turned out the right way so as the chunky white writing is on the outside all round. Need to tax her also so shall do this and then over the coming months tip away at the rest. A suspension lift kit would be on the cards also sooner rather than later as the rear shocks are knackered and the 2 rear springs have a crack in a leaf on each side.

I'll get some pictures up over the next day or two and resume from there ;).

L200spanky  
L200spanky
Date registered 03.12.2016

RE: Spanky's L200 shop donkey

#2 by Swagger , Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 am

Don't know why you're wasting time posting on here ... get on with it! You sound like you're slacking spanky ... come on hurry up and get them pics on.

Nice to see an enthusiastic owner going for it.

I started life with nothing and I still have most of it left!

Swagger
Date registered 12.30.2015

#3 by paulw , Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:41 am

nice big list crack on mate and good luck!

did have warrior, but crossed over to disco 2.
Thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was somebody with a torch bringing more work!
Landies don't leak oil, they just sweat

paulw
Date registered 10.06.2011

#4 by L200spanky , Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:18 am

Here are some pictures folks, I need to resize whats on photo bucket in order to post them here without having to click on a link so i'll get to that over the weekend. The first picture from left to right is when I got it, followed by some bed liner spray, followed by LED lighting in the bed and then today with its new matching front Silverstone AT-117 tyres fitted with new valves and balanced wheelies

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures

L200spanky  
L200spanky

Last edited 03.22.2016 | Top

#5 by Swagger , Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:31 am

I can see some use for PDR tools on that truck. Would you not consider a bed liner for it? Keep going it's getting there. What is it that you're going to haul?

Swagger

#6 by L200spanky , Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:31 am

Hey Swagger, trucks are meant to have dents . Actually aside from a dent behind the rear driver side arch and the dents on the rear passenger side door she is great shape and aside from the rust on the rear tail gate there is no more to be found on the body which is great. I don't like bed liners due to the fact that water and crud get caught between the liner and bed eventually causing corrosion issues and being honest I just won't get the time to be pulling the liner in and out for washing down etc. It shall be used for mainly for heavy car parts like engines, gearboxes, subframes etc etc. When its not being used for that its my daily and weekend off roader when and where time permits.

I recently acquired the Snap-on PDR kit so this is going to be a great vehicle to test out its effectiveness. Once there is another 3-4 coats of bed spray in the rear it shall look apt better and be much stronger. I also like the grip the spray on liner offers if your standing in the bed when wet. With the new tires on the front its made it much nicer on the road for sure and although they are budget tires (all i can afford at present) I am very happy with them thus far. There is very little road noise, they ride smooth and comfortable and the grip is very good. So all in for now I am happy. I called Mr Mitsubishi and ordered some parts for inside that were missing and annoying me. See below :

New rear heater on/off button
New rear heater temp control knob
New front cup holder
New door sill screws
New driver side kick panel clips
New spare key
New service book and L200 owner manual

Once the cup holder is in, the dash can interior LED lighting can all go back in. Then it will be time to get out the wet vac and shampoo the carpets and seats, although I may swap out the 2 front seats for a set of black alcantara Recaro Speed seats I have as they are more supportive and comfortable imo. Also I have updated the above "To Do" list below :

Inner and outer track rod ends both sides
Fit 2x New front tires to match the rear - Silverstone A/T117 Specials (DONE)
Fit new thermostat and aluminium radiator - (Have)
Do cooling system flush and fresh coolant
Front wheel bearings to be tightened
New front ARB bushes
Black Diamond front brake pads
Black Diamond Braided break lines front
Black Diamond G12 front discs
Black Diamond KVR clutch kit
Decat pipe
Turbo timer and boost gauge - (Have)
Remove EGR system completely
Change crankshaft oil seal - (ORDERED)
Change crankshaft pulley - (ORDERED)
Wire 40" ANNT light bar - (DONE)
Steering wheel retrim in black leather
Hand brake handle retrim in black leather
Genuine OE L200 warrior leather gear gaiters
Genuine OE L200 warrior front nudge bar WANTED
Front bumper repaint
PDR wprk
Wheel refurb in Antracite grey or replacement 2nd hand split rim wheels

If I can get through the above before summer is out it would be great, just have to wait and see what happens.

Thanks for reading ;)

L200spanky  
L200spanky

Last edited 03.23.2016 | Top

#7 by Gezza , Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:44 am

Plenty there to keep you going!

Is it just me, I've never heard of those silverstone tyres before

Raging Bull (Red) Manual 35,000m '57'
K&N
Truckman Top
Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/65/17
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza
Date registered 01.12.2013

#8 by L200spanky , Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:52 am

I'd never heard of them Either Gezza, the 2 on the rear were on it when I got it. They had been mounted with the white lettering facing inwards so I when I fitted the new ones I changed around the rears. The 2 rears are only 4 months old and I wanted to keep front and rear patterns the same so i wen t for the matching fronts. The spare tire is shagged so I shall get another for it also. I am well happy with them for what they cost at €120 inc vat each.

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#9 by Gezza , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:14 am

That makes sense. They must be readily available then.
Euros - where are you then?

P.s. I'm one of the few with my white lettering on the INSIDE

K&N
Truckman Top
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza

#10 by L200spanky , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:18 am

In Ireland mate, LOL im going for the Chuck Norris/hillbilly look

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#11 by Gezza , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:20 am

Think I've worked it out. You're in Ireland

K&N
Truckman Top
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza

#12 by Gezza , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:21 am

Beat me to it!

What part of Ireland?

K&N
Truckman Top
Remap - do I, don't I?

Stratford Upon Avon

Gezza

#13 by L200spanky , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 am

Dublin ;)

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#14 by L200spanky , Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:38 am

Some more snaps, hopefully these ones will upload to photobucket this time

VIBE SPEAKERTS INSTALLED :

REAR TIRES ROTATED WITH LETTERING OUTSIDE AND CLEANED WITH MEG APC :

NEW MATS, LAST FEW SETS AVAILABLE APPARENTLY. SOON TO BE NLA

QUICK SNAP TOOK THE THER NIGHT :

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#15 by Mallinman , Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:26 pm

Quote: L200spanky wrote in post #10
im going for the Chuck Norris/hillbilly look

Good man. Best look to have in my opinion.

2005 OM605 superturbo. Borgwarner s200 @3bar ,3” Stainless exhaust, roll bar, TJM winch bumper, winch BJ spacers and extended shackles, snorkel, iron man suspension, LED light bar x3, 2" body lift

Mallinman
Date registered 10.10.2012

#16 by L200spanky , Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:00 am

Thanks Mallinman appreciate the kind words . It shall be a slow burn but will get there.

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#17 by L200spanky , Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:51 am

So few little jobs have been done in the last week, yet another wash with snow foam and Meguiars APC mix (Love this stuff). Wheels cleaned again with Meguiars Wheel Brightener and whole truck washed with Meguiars Shampoo plus.... have a Meguiars fetish . Tires got dressed in....you guessed it, Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel and so far I have done 300 miles and still there nice and black .

Took out the rubber mats and cleaned the years of crap off them to realise they are actually in great nick, then fitted my Snap-On seat cover to the drivers seat as this has no rips or tears or any real signs of wear and I would like to keep it that way.

I got my steering lock sorted out by adjusting the stoppers and I have to say this has made a huge difference, all Classic L200 members that have not yet done this DO IT ASAP its well worth it. Also got the 2 front wheel bearings nipped up to remove the play at it feels much better now also. New cup holder and rear heater switch arrived in today along with some interior screws, clips and clamps. General tinkering being done where time permits but the real fun has yet to start . As always some pictures below :

Steering stoppers out, adjusted and greased :

So few little jobs have been done in the last week, yet another wash with snow foam and Meguiars APC mix (Love this stuff). Wheels cleaned again with Meguiars Wheel Brightener and whole truck washed with Meguiars Shampoo plus.... have a Meguiars fetish . Tires got dressed in....you guessed it, Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel and so far I have done 300 miles and still there nice and black .

Took out the rubber mats and cleaned the years of crap off them to realise they are actually in great nick, then fitted my Snap-On seat cover to the drivers seat as this has no rips or tears or any real signs of wear and I would like to keep it that way.

I got my steering lock sorted out by adjusting the stoppers and I have to say this has made a huge difference, all Classic L200 members that have not yet done this DO IT ASAP its well worth it. Also got the 2 front wheel bearings nipped up to remove the play at it feels much better now also. New cup holder and rear heater switch arrived in today along with some interior screws, clips and clamps. General tinkering being done where time permits but the real fun has yet to start . As always some pictures below :

Steering stoppers out, adjusted and greased :

Getting a snow foaming :

Seat cover time :

All mats cleaned and fresh :

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#18 by L200spanky , Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:52 am

New cup holder :

Various other genuine parts for Wab Sabi II :

Dash asunder

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#19 by L200spanky , Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:56 am

Rear heater control switch :

Clean wheels and tires, she's coming together :

More to come over the weekend all going well, including another coat of bed liner spray..... woo whoop .

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#20 by Antonio , Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:09 am

Nice truck, ye doin a grand job mate

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North East England - Lincolnshire
1998 twin cab, import,3" Full chrome bars/spots all round, tints,deflectors, 2.5" suspension lift, 2.5" body lift, polly bushes, rear diff lock, 33"x12.5" KL71 tyres on 15"x10" rims.
Snorkel........OH!! and lots of rust.
1991 Pajero 2.5td SWB, import
1996 Pajero 2.8td LWB, import
NEXT MODS
CB radio
Front Winch plate+winch
Airbrush bodywork

Antonio
Date registered 04.21.2014

#21 by L200spanky , Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:17 am

Thanks Antonio, once I have the above lists pretty much nailed there shall be a nice new list to replace it . I want to get ARB bushes and front drop link bushes along with the decat and some nice fresh Pro-Comp ES shocks all round as the rears are knackered. Im thinking wheel spacers are going to be needed also..... and the list goes on and on and on and........

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#22 by Antonio , Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:30 am

Quote: L200spanky wrote in post #21
Thanks Antonio, once I have the above lists pretty much nailed there shall be a nice new list to replace it . I want to get ARB bushes and front drop link bushes along with the decat and some nice fresh Pro-Comp ES shocks all round as the rears are knackered. Im thinking wheel spacers are going to be needed also..... and the list goes on and on and on and........

I agree with that the list is never ending 😊

FORUM AREA REPRESENTATIVE - North East England - Lincolnshire
1998 twin cab, import,3" Full chrome bars/spots all round, tints,deflectors, 2.5" suspension lift, 2.5" body lift, polly bushes, rear diff lock, 33"x12.5" KL71 tyres on 15"x10" rims.
Snorkel........OH!! and lots of rust.
1991 Pajero 2.5td SWB, import
1996 Pajero 2.8td LWB, import
NEXT MODS
CB radio
Front Winch plate+winch
Airbrush bodywork

Antonio
Date registered 04.21.2014

#23 by L200spanky , Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:15 am

Guess its tine for a stainless steel muffler/system seeing as the old standard one broke....I could weld it but that would mean keeping the standard one and seeing as its broken thats never going to happen ;)

L200spanky  
L200spanky

#24 by L200spanky , Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:29 am

Evening all, managed to get a few small jobs on the L200 done which were done more for piece of mind than anything. Finally got the alloy rad in as well as the new thermostat and proper coolant mix. Also changed the dash bulbs to blue but they shall sooner be getting replaced in favour of the pink ones when they arrive . I also got the second coat of bedliner spray done but forgot to take snaps, I'll get some over the weekend when I give her a good ole cleaning.... Meguiars product testing this weekend so fun times .

The rad is a straight swap bolt in alloy rad supplied by Direnza which is a new supplier of ours, so what better way to test it out before fitting it to customers E36's . I couldn't be happier so far with the product and service received by Direnza. Just put in an order to Milner today also for a few small items, namely front polyurethane anti roll bar bushes, drop link bushes, clear indicators and decat. Think there was something else on that order but can't remember now.lol. maybe they'll arrive for the weekend ;).

Any who time for some pictures :

L200spanky  
L200spanky

Last edited 04.07.2016 | Top

#25 by Swagger , Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:46 am

Pink lights? Dodgy, very dodgy.

Swagger

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The 'Rust Bucket' re-build

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor