RE: injectors

#26 by Wattonite , Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:09 pm

The timing marks were all lined up ok before the covers went on, rotated a couple of times, checked again, all ok.
Tappets adjusted to what i could find on here, cant quite remember exactly what that was, but think it was around 15thou.
Was thinking i could mark elsewhere for the tdc point and go from there, unless i can mark it on the camshaft sprocket, as with the points ligned up, all should be relavent, just need to find out if there is a ratio difference between pulleys. Think it should be one to one, but brain has ceased to work at the moment.......

Wattonite  
Wattonite
Date registered 05.05.2017

#27 by Heathen , Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm

cam and injector sprockets are the same size, injector sprocket is a lot easier to see - you'd need to mark 15degrees clockwise from its notch and then 4.5degrees anti-clockwise from it, then line these up with the timing peg - should be equivalent to doing it on the crank pulley. You could measure the angles with a protractor, but would be more accurate to measure the sprocket diameter and use some basic trig to work out a distance - like I did for the crank pulley. Could have a go at this tomorrow for you if you like.

The tappets should be adjusted to 0.25mm with the engine warm (80-90 C).

'02 K74 single cab.

Heathen
Date registered 05.20.2016

#28 by Wattonite , Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm sure I set the tappets as per advice found on the forum, but will definitely check them after checking the injection pump timing, but I do need to get the tool (or make one) to fit a dti first, was just having a quick look today. Thanks

Wattonite  
Wattonite
Date registered 05.05.2017

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
L200 wind deflectors

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor