4WD Disengaging

#1 by Pete.G , Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 am

Hello,
I have a 2006 L200 Elegance Auto.
I generally run in 2WD but need 4WD to get up to my orchard, however I am having problems with the 4WD. Basically I select 4WD and it engages fine, I only go 100yds or so and it starts to slip (over revving, like the clutch slipping) and it comes to a stop.
I'm guessing that the solenoid has given up. I'm not that familiar with the 4WD system.
Can anybody throw any light on this issue, or has had the same problem?
Thanks in advance 👍

Pete.G  
Pete.G
Date registered 01.25.2021

RE: 4WD Disengaging

#2 by malky , Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:58 pm

Lets start with a few questions - are you certain 4 wheel drive engages? the light on the dash being on sadly does not equate to 4x4 engaged. - is it possible that your actually not getting into 4x4 at all and driving the first part in two wheel drive and then the truck just reaches its limit in 2 wheel drive and spins out on the rear wheels? has anyone witnessed whats happening to your wheels outside of the truck when this phenomenon happens as this will give you the most info as to whats going on - i would suspect the 4x4 not engaging at all rather than it slipping out.

start with the simple, get all four wheels off the deck stick it in 4x4 and add a small amount of throttle prove the 4x4 is actually engaging.

cheers

Malky

**WARNING - The above post may contain opinions and/or unnecessary sarcasm!**

FORD FIESTA 1.0L ZETEC 2014
VAUXHALL CORSA 2013
FORD RANGER 2014 LIMITED

malky  
malky
Date registered 10.06.2011

RE: 4WD Disengaging

#3 by Pete.G , Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:32 pm

I hear you pal, but the 4WD does engage. I have set off through my field with one of my lads on either side of the car and it works fine, for a while, then it just slips out and comes to a standstill. However, the 4WD with full diflock is fine, but obviously I dont want to drive on the roads with full diflock on.
It is currently in the workshop with a pal of mine, lets see if he can throw any light on it 👍

Pete.G  
Pete.G
Date registered 01.25.2021

Anti roll bar bushes
L200 2005 EML

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor